Follow
Read More
Left the bird out of it's cage when leaving to drive hubs.
Coming back, there was some evidence that birdie was expanding his personal space while I was gone.

Scrubbing all the counters, again.....sheesh, it was only one tiny.......but still!
(1)

Maybe they make bird diapers?

(EDIT)They actually do, called flight suits. Maybe that is your answer Send.
(2)

LOL Smeshque! And there you were thinking you were joking about the birdie diapers - ?!

I had a similar experience when I idly looked up non-slip boots for my elderly dog. Yup. Hiking boots, thermal boots, orthopaedic boots, everything except platform disco boots... (mind you, I didn't actually check for those).

Got her state-of-the-art suede-soled ones. She absolutely hated them.
(2)

It's true CM, I was just kidding. Then I look it up and there it was. Hence, the edit. They do make them, bird diapers.
And hiking boots for dogs. What do they not make these days. That is neat that you found some for your dog, Guessing she wouldn't wear them?
(2)

This was quite some years ago, the Dog Boot Conflict. She was staying with my then SO and he had polished wood floors which did not agree with her elderly paws and arthritic joints. It's only just occurred to me that SO may well have thought her claws didn't agree with his lovely polished wood floors, either... But I must admit that never entered my head before now.

I did get them on her. They fit nicely over her paws, and then you did them up with Velcro straps further up the leg. Black, with reflector strips. Very chic.

I spent the next couple of hours chasing round the house finding the one she'd just managed to remove while she worked on the others... Eventually we had "a frank exchange of views" and she lay down and declined to get up again until the boots had been stowed away with her non-pull lead, her hi-viz jacket and the no-shed conditioning shampoo.
(3)

Ming getting very comfortable in this house. ZOOM, ZOOM, ZOOM, into one window, then another, oh let's play with this temporary blind, oh the kitchen counter looks like fun. Oh, but the tub and shower. Oh look, there's a mosquito! Please, Ming, catch it, I haven't been able to so far. We have had lows in the 20's and still the straggler mosquitos in the house. UGH! Did manage to take care of all the files though.😈
(6)

Playing budgie bird videos on the chromebook laptop.
Daily. He has taken over my computer!
Tweety is excited, flies around, sings, pecks the screen, walks on the keyboard.
Dh suggested I cover the keys.

Nah. I just ignored dH. It won't be the first time a male has taken away my computer.
(3)

I went to close a window today; the temperatures have dropped quite a bit in NYC and even with the over abundance of coop heat, we are very warm.

Noted that screen is torn. There is a feather stuck to the screen on the outside.

I am inferring that one of my cats, sitting at the windowsill, saw a bird, sitting on the sill outside. Indoor cat swiped at screen. Damaged bird.
(3)

Barb, before you give Sylvester a rollocking - it couldn't have been an inter-bird territorial dispute, could it?
(1)

The other day I had a workman at the house to tear down the ceiling in the kitchen because of all the water marks from water pipes that need repair [I thought copper pipes last forever, apparently not]. The workman enclosed the area with plastic to keep the dust down while he worked.

So, of course, Rosie my 13 year old cat decided to investigate what was going on. She is not shy around tradesmen [my other cat was under the bed hiding]. She likes to help.

You're probably saying why not pick her up and shut her in a bedroom. Not going to happen. Her nickname is "Flash" due to her full bore speed, and she is one cat that hates to be picked up, lot of growling and major hissing. Eventually she got bored and left the kitchen.
(4)

Just got the window coverings, shade horizontal and vertical. Ming getting lost in the verticals. Hope the newness wears off soon!😼
(4)

I got Chloe a new dog food.. natural and with "wild boar" and peas.. We are pretty careful about what she eats. The last few days she has been ( excuse me) pooping like it's her job! I swear today it was enough for a cow patty, and she weighs 12Lbs! Meanwhile Daughters 5 lb chi is barely pooping at all! So off we went to get Chloe her old food, and we are giving Daughter our old food! Lets hope this switch solves both our problems! I don't need a dog chit fest at the holidays,on top of everything else! Daughter got Bella's food from an online site.. maybe time we both went back to the tried and true
(3)

Tweety is using an upside down umbrella hung from the ceiling fan to perform gymnastics. Landing on the fabric edge, he can swing, then he flips himself upside down to see below, and can hang from one foot.

CM,
In one of the funny bird videos, a cockatiel is clipping out paper strips and inserting the strips as wing replacements under it's tail feathers! Now that is not really funny, is it? Almost scary smart.
(5)

Send, once you have tried to plan a route avoiding chickens back to the house from the vegetable patch in order to keep your newly-cut spring cabbage safe from their evil clutches and been ambushed and cut off at the gooseberry bushes... you no longer imagine that birds are feather-brained.
(2)

I'll ask my cat if he needs any quick cash.
(4)

Ok, you are probably wondering why I posted what I did a few hours ago. On Friday night there was a spam for quick cash that flooded the forums, and sure enough it was also on the "cats behaving badly" forum :P
(2)

Lol FF!
I wasn't wondering because I was here last night and saw it all happening....
somewhere, on another post, there is "troll" still showing after dr robert was deleted.

Did your cat qualify for the loan?
(1)

The cat catapulted the idea, and went back to sleep ;P
(0)

Tweety was naughty last night, not wanting to go to bed at 9 p.m.
Bird care videos suggest do not force the bird to do something, don't chase it around, speak gently,
It needs 12 hours sleep, etc.
Keep in mind he still won't get on my finger, but if I call him he will play peek-a-boo and fly by my head.

The little tyrant! His bedtime has changed from 4:30 to 7:30 to 9:00.
(2)

Uhm, maybe if you try turning off the lights Tweety will know it's bedtime?
(3)

Tweety cannot find his cage in the dark. It is dark now, he is perching on the ceiling fan. Naughty birdee!

Where would I even spank his little tush? I could never!
(5)

I don't care what anyone says, my cats are in love with me and their home here. I'm not JUST the cat food provider, I'm their first choice of cat food providers. My evidence:

They've been staying with their previous family for a week while I was out of town. They came back tonight. As the previous mom dropped them off she said something about... 'thinking the two cats were upset because they thought they were going back home for good.' Au contraire, I say. Old Man Cat was all over me and purring... and he doesn't purr all that much. He was kneading, even. He was clearly content to be around me and glad to be here.

Both kitties are in bed with me, it's midnight 2019 just now so there are fireworks... and my kitties know I have it handled so they are hanging tough through the scary noises. Here I sit with my little family of cats... who are very happy to be here and love me a lot... for a cat. lol

Happy New Year, best wishes for a cat-fabulous 2019.
(9)

Old Man Cat came back from his visit much cleaner than before, and other mom told me she gave him a bath. I like it. The younger Girly Cat does a great job of keeping herself clean but Old Man gets grimy. He needs some assistance. I can brush him with the rubber-nub grooming gloves but he's going to need a bath-bath from time to time.

I'm looking up online some ways to do it. He's going to be very (VERY) unhappy with me if I try to bathe him but he needs to stay cleaner. I noticed he's not scratching himself as much now that he's been cleaned up. This is better for him.
(1)

I gave my cat, Polka Dot a bath one day and I came out of the shower a bloody mess with scratches all over, so be careful Ali, they hate to get wet.
(4)

No better toy than a wide blue celery rubber band! Toilet paper rolls were getting old. LOL!
(2)

Ali,
So good to hear your cats have bonded with you.

I was not aware they needed baths in their old age.
(3)

Send, maybe I have an especially stinky old cat..? Who knows. He doesn't stink, exactly, but his fur doesn't feel soft and fluffy and clean, more like oily and heavy. So yeah, he needs baths occasionally. I tell you, I'm so terrified to try it myself that I think I'll spring for a groomer. Then he can be mad at someone else, haha.

I think that booger gave me a cold. I didn't know THAT was a thing, either! He had been sneezing lately, and he never sneezed before, and he likes to lie very close to me in bed so he's sneezing on me, too. And then I wake up the other day with a mild cold and I wondered if I can catch from him? I suppose germs are equal opportunistic little things... Hmm.
(3)

Glad, my cats like my ponytail holder rubber bands a lot... and catnip toys. lol I'm going to try the toilet paper roll with them. They don't like toys, in general. They're both super lazy haha.
(3)

Ali, you need some celery anyway, don't you?😽
(2)

You need celery for Bloody Mary’s
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter