Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
You and your cats are something else Freqflyer~
You all must share ALOT of love and great times.
My 3 cats change their favorite spots all the time.Last,they were all on the bathroom counter,but now their favorite spot is under the Christmas tree.They just love it.
(7)

Freq,

He sounds so cute! Your cat has an adorable personality.

Lucky,

A real tree? My cat jumped in our real tree! Hahaha

I recently heard a news story of a baby koala being in a tree! They had to call a rescue group to get him out. Crazy, huh?
(1)

There is a cute little cat that crawls on my fence but as soon as he hears the door open he runs. He isn’t a stray. He looks well fed and healthy.

Some cats will let others pet them and others won’t.

I don’t want to feed him because he is someone’s pet.
(2)

My kitties fav place to sit is on my lap but when that's not available they sit on the couch cushions or their cat beds. 😊
(3)

Pumpkin prefers the back of the love seat where she can look out the bay window onto the front garden, see the birds and play with the blind cords. I have lots of hanging plants there so it's like a little jungle.

Rocky likes the opposite end of the sofa to me or the back of the sofa. They both come for cuddles but aren't lap cats. Recently Rocky has taken Pumpkin's spot sometimes, and sometimes they share it. If sun shines through from the dining room Rocky settles in that spot, They are so different.
(4)

I get a kick out of the kitties I see in windows when I'm out for my walks, just chillin' and watching the world go by.
(7)

Golden,

Your cats sound so sweet!

Now I want a cat again. I can’t. I am highly allergic. I promised my allergist not to get another one after my last one died.

Plus, after putting my last dog down, I felt like I can’t ever go through that pain again.

My heart wants another cat or dog though. My head tells me, ‘Don’t do it!’

I have thought about fostering but I know that I would bond with them and end up adopting them.
(2)

cw - you would have enjoyed seeing my previous cat Toonie. I had blinds made of vinyl were flexible. He poked his head and paw through the slats till the ends broke off of 3 or 4 slats and he had a nice square opening to see out, From the outside you could see his whole head surrounded with white blind slats.

I have since replaced those blinds with wooden ones with wider slats so the cats can't break them. I keep them open all the time.

need - there are non allergenic cats but that doesn't take care of the pain of losing them eventually.
(4)

Golden,

What kind of cats would I not be allergic to? My allergist didn’t mention these. That’s interesting!
(1)

Actually there are no non allergenic cats - I used the wrong term. There are hypoallergenic cats. If your allergist didn't mention them I suspect they are not an option for you. My bad.😕
(1)

Golden,

Allergies are so weird. I know that they are hereditary. My dad had a cat allergy too.

But you are onto something because I do get severe reactions to some cats more than others.

One of my friends had a cat that as soon as I walked in her house I started sneezing!

Other cats weren’t as bad.

It’s strange. They say it is the dander that we are allergic to, not the fur.

I tried the shots but I got a systemic reaction to the injections and landed in the emergency room.

I nearly died. I had a rash all over. The inside is my ears started itching like crazy. My throat started closing up and I struggled to breathe. They kept me overnight in the hospital and gave me an IV with steroids.

My allergist would not let me to continue to do the shots to achieve becoming desensitized to the allergens.
(2)

My current cat, Jesse [orange and white] would make a good Nanny. Around 9:30 pm he will start demanding everyone to get ready for bed. He will nag you until you turn off the lights. How he knows it is 9:30 is beyond me.

In the mornings, if we aren't up by 7:30 a.m. and he come into our rooms and demand we get up. Couple times after I get up to use the bathroom, I will climb back into bed..... during my climb back into bed, Jesse will grab my foot trying to keep me from getting back into that bed !!

Today I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't catch my breath. You know those desks that are used with computers, they have this round hole on the top where one can place through telephone and computer wires? Well, I have one of those desk but no wires going though that hole.... I didn't know it but Jesse was under the desk, next thing I saw was his paw reaching up through that hole which startled me, and he was trying to reach for whatever was on the desk.

I heard never leave a cat alone for over 24 hours.... those who have a cat will understand why =^..^=
(3)

FF,

Our animals can tell time. My dog would wait in the foyer for my kids to come home from school.

He absolutely knew that was the time that the school bus would drop them off.
(2)

Tweety is in the window, waiting for his birdseed to arrive from Chewy.
Don't worry, Tweety, it has shipped, and is only 50 miles away.

He has food, running out, but he is tapping his dish because it is not what he is used to, and changing his food abruptly causes stomach upset. I messed up!
Poor Tweety!

It is not like giving a dog chicken and rice if you run out.
Or chicken livers for a cat.

However, he has some spinach and lettuce to tide him over. Or, I could sort through seed by seed from the used seed I saved for the outside birds to forage. My bad.

Tweety can tell time, too. It does not matter if he can see the sun come up and his cage is covered. Or at night, when the sun goes down, he knows.
(2)

send - I had a bird once. As I was the one who fed her she danced around in her cage when I came in the door from work.. She had favourite seeds and busily tossed out the ones she didn't like to get at the ones she liked. There was bird seed scattered everywhere.

My kitties have touchy stomachs. Pumpkin will eat nearly anything but she gets the runs and is a mess to clean up so I restrict her. Even a different type of dry cat food can do it. Rocky OTOH restricts herself and only eats kittie treats and dry cat food. She turns her nose up at wet cat food and human food. I think they both can tolerate a little cooked white fish but its not worth the trouble.
(4)

Thanks Golden, yes birds are picky. He could sort through the seeds himself, if I did not feel so bad about not ordering on time.

I just saw him over there, foraging. That is a good activity for a bird.
(2)

Golden, Send,
Isn't it funny, how animals can be as much as a picking eater as us?

I had my Socks baby for 16 yrs. She didn't like human food nor did she like wet cat food, but she sure loved dead flies, and fresh crickets! She would play with the cricket until she was ready to eat it. I always hated the crunching sound...yuck! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it. But it made her happy and that was good enough for me!🐈🪰
(5)

Shell,
Yes, dH is the pickiest eater I ever met!

Here I am, sorting the seeds now, one by one. The shipment has not arrived.
(2)

We have an inside/outside cat, and one of my friends hubs is terribly allergic. I tend to keep throw blankets on all the upholstered furniture because of the pet hair. Before they come over I toss all the blankets in the rooms they will be in into the washer. removes the hair and dander, and freshens the smoke smell out. He does OK here, I also think its the dander!
(2)

We have about 10 feral cats living on our property. There are 2 I would love to bring in to be house pets. Of course they are the only 2 who will not come near me, even if I have the food in my hand! The others are at least friendly when we bring out the food. Cant pick any of them up otherwise!
(4)

Speaking of picky eaters. My cat Jesse wants roasted chicken from the grocery store, the ones you bring home hot..... and I made the mistake of giving him some organic ground turkey that I had cooked up, well guess who is cooking ground turkey every week for that cat :P

Thankfully he like the Sheba containers of cat food, and he does eat dry cat food. But his water bowl, the water needs to be up to a certain height.... otherwise he will pull the bowl out so you will notice or step in it. He also does that when one of his dry food bowls is empty.

I tell ya, sometimes it is easier to just give in than try to change a cat !!
(5)

FF your cat sounds like my two. They love roasted chicken and my one kitty always pulls out his water bowl and spills it all over the place (every day!)

Yah, gotta love cats. In fact my one kitty is so smart, when he wants food he climbs onto the book shelf or the kitchen counter or whatever and knocks stuff onto the floor. I learned the other night to never leave a glass half full of water on the kitchen counter cause I was startled out of sleep by the sound of breaking glass.

The little buggers!
(5)

Freq and Gershun,

Slightly spoiled? Hahaha 🤣
(2)

Slightly spoiled? That's an understatement. :)
(2)

Gershun,

I want to be one of your cats! LOL
(2)

Spoiled rotten!!!

I have one who pulls the water bowl till it spills so I put it in the shower stall in the basement bathroom. She can spill all she wants there. I don't think that's where they drink from anyway! 🙄

My two don't jump onto the kitchen counter, thankfully. All my other cats have. These are smallish. One could but doesn't. She can jump onto the downstairs bathroom counter but only does when I am there. The other can't. She is a little round in the middle and can't lift off lol. 🐈🐈
(5)

Chloe our puppers is missing Mom too. She is going up to Moms room every night at Moms bedtime and checking to see where she is. She also stares into the rec room.. no mom,, confused Chloe. The last 2 days I have been going and turning on the RR fireplace so it warms up, and I sit there and watch TV, make my Mom related phone calls and write the notes and thank you's I need to.. Hopefully she will adjust as we do.. it's hard on the pets when someone passes too. She was Mom's buddy, always with her during the day laying on the back of the couch.
(2)

Pam,

My dog was mom’s best friend. Mom dearly missed him when we had to put him down.

We form such a deep bond with our fur babies!
(2)

Any one have a pet with an over-sensitive to smell nose? My cat doesn't like the smell of my tooth paste.... nor my mouthwash.... he was very offended by my new body lotion that he left the room [it's rose scented].... bathing, I haven't found a body wash he likes.... but he's ok with Mrs. Meyers cleaning products, maybe I need to use those on myself :P
(4)

I had cats who hated when I did my nails.. Chloe only seems to hate the smell of oranges.. not lotion that smells of it,, just real oranges and cuties! And she will eat anything we are eating.. just not citrus
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter