Follow
Read More
We had a new roof put on today so it was interesting to see how the cats would react to this.

Our male ginger cat was slinking as low as he could go and went into the basement, parked on one of the stairs, and stayed there all day. In the far past I also had a ginger cat who did the same thing, but he wouldn't emerge from hiding for 24 hours.

Anyone else with a ginger have that type of personality? Wondering if it is the breed?

Our female roughneck, a mix of tuxedo and Main Coon, was as calm as could be. She spent time upstairs looking at the ceilings and looking out the windows. She didn't mind all that hammering.
(2)

FF when we had a new roof put on years ago our Daniel did the same thing. He was a big ginger. I didn't know he could slink so low. His tummy was dragging on the floor. Then he got really scared of the skylight for weeks afterward. I guess he saw one of the guys there and never got over it. LOL

He was a sweetie!
(3)

My male cat who died last year was a ginger. He wasn't afraid of seemingly anything, at least not for long. He got used to the vacuum and didn't care if I went right next to him with it. My other one still runs to hide the moment it comes on even if I'm 3 rooms away. I've speculated that her shy, scared-y personality comes from her months as a feral kitten.
(2)

I was tired of lugging out the big old Shark, or it's child, Rocket to clean kicked out cat litter. I tried a whisk broom and dust pan, but trying to stand up afterwards was a challenge. Explaining the issue to a cat who is good at arguing back didn't work. Then one day while on Facebook came an ad for a carpet sweeper. I remember my Mom having one. So I said to myself "why not".

Happy as a clam. My old fashion carpet sweeper came the other day from the Fuller Brush Company. I was amazed at how well it cleaned up cat litter.

I plan to see how well this works on the basement floor as I have litter boxes down there, too [no waiting].

I better end this, before I sound like an info-commercial :P
(5)

FF, I have just been thinking about getting the red fuller brush carpet sweeper myself. Mom had one when I was just a kid. Thank you for the recommendation! Funny, you must have been reading my mind! I remember the fuller brush man coming to the house. The old time door to door salesman.😊😊
(3)

The fuller brush carpet sweeper is nice, and nostalgic, pretty in red.
But online has bissell and Yocada, even commercial carpet sweepers just as good for less than 1/2 of the $79.00 hefty price. imo.
Even though, i am a buy brand name snob.
(2)

I really recommend the automatic self cleaning litter box. The trays are expensive but last me a month with Rocky - she is a small cat and goes out sometimes. It means changing trays once a month and that's it!!!

The covered one helps so there is very little spill over of the crystal litter. A mat in front of the box catches most of it.

Carpet sweepers were great. With hardwood floors a broom works fine.
(3)

I have a bissel carpet sweeper, I like it but have no way to know whether it's as good as the other.
(3)

I'll have to check out those other brands of carpet sweepers. After carrying my sweeper up and down the stairs to the basement, I decided it was safer to just purchase another sweeper, hopefully less expensive.

Golden, my male cat wouldn't go for the covered litter box [which sounds great] as he likes to place his front paws on the edge of the box when he is using it. Plus the other cat may park herself in front of the litter box and not let him out :P
(4)

freqflyer, have you considered the back-pack style vacuums that are used by hotel cleaning crews? I don't have one -- yet -- but with 2 full flights of stairs in my home, I'm thinking more seriously about it.

https://www.amazon.com/Atrix-Backpack-Vacuum-Premium-Bundle/dp/B09NCGNBC8/ref=sr_1_omk_4?crid=3IISKURR83IEY&keywords=backpack+vacuum+cleaner&qid=1648746348&sprefix=vacuums%2Bback%2Caps%2C132&sr=8-4
(1)

LOL! I have been looking for a missing pair of readers for two weeks. When I am at home I know where I keep them. The problem with spending two nights a week in a hotel is that when I pack for the next overnight, I am not sure where I put things.

That poor cat, she loves the cases that these cheap readers are in and I have caught her stealing them before. Found one pair under the couch once.

Now this missing pair I was sure that darn cat has absconded with them. Down on the floor looking under all furniture for them. Where do I find them? On the passenger seat in the car. I am sure it was the cat that put them there!

Maybe put a pair of readers in the cat carrier the next time I need to move her.
(4)

Playing fetch this morning.😸😸
(3)

LOL! Miller season, army cut worm variety. They somehow get in the chimney and find their way down to the fireplace. Sure entertains Ming to see those things fluttering around in there. Thank goodness for gas fireplaces with glass window! They are disgusting!
(3)

This is the coolest cat story! I cannot imagine this man's patience!

https://www.today.com/video/purrrfect-match-adventurer-backpacking-kitty-take-on-wilderness-141770309597
(2)

I enjoyed that Glad!
(1)

DD is off to a carolina beach vacay with 14 of her friends,, and we have 4lb Bella for the week, visiting with our 18 lb chug Chloe. At least this time ( so far) Bella is eating like normal,, but we have stocked up on chicken strips! DD laughs that she "cons" us into this,, but hey,, she is our only grand child!
(3)

Well, Ming has decided my suitcase is a great napping spot or she wants to come with me on the next two night jaunt. Will have to put suitcase in closet I don't want kitty fur all over everything I pack in there. Bad kitty!😾😾
(3)

Glad you are lucky if all you have is cat hair,, when hubs used to travel 2 weeks out of the month one of our cats used to pee in his suitcase if he left it on the floor! Revenge served cold indeed! Bella is eating chicken,, and cheese,, LOL no dog food for her once she figured out she was not going home.. DD got home today but is working remotely trying to resell a house that mortgage fell through on, so I decided to keep Bella until tomorrow. Hey, we still have some chicken...
(3)

I am LOVING Trumpet the bloodhound!
(3)

Beautiful dog!

Found a harness that fits Rocky. I have put it on her 2x now. I am amazed at how compliant she is as I fumble with it, getting her all "clicked" in. She is comfortable enough to walk around the house in it but didn't want to go outside. Good progress so far.
(4)

Just FYI for a friend...
Tobacco is poisonous for pets.
Do not give it to cure bloating in a cat, especially if pregnancy is suspected.
(1)

Google Dexter ouray, coolest Britney spaniel ever!

Tried to copy and paste, but again lately, everything is truncated. Maybe intentional by admin? Sure is irritating!
(2)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZryjuyEOMl0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZeWljLGF0Y

Turns out I can copy and paste YouTube, but nothing else?😅😅
(1)

This cat drives me nuts! If it is plastic or rubber she wants to chew it! Puncture wounds on my kindle cover, cords, the rubber cap on spring door stop! Sometimes even wood. She must think she is a puppy.
(2)

That's interesting about the copy/paste of URLs, Glad. Will Ming get her biting out harmlessly if you buy her more small chewy toys? Probably not. 😁 I'd try it, though, if you haven't already.

My cat Lilah is acting strange. It's been a couple of weeks now. She's been going potty outside her litter box and does not eat or drink as much. She is still eating; I'm giving her different wet food to tempt her, and she will eat it all if I put it next to her, but she won't go get it in the usual area. I'm scheduling a vet visit tomorrow.

She's 15yo, give or take a year. I hope the vet finds something to indicate what's going on and it's treatable. Otherwise, I suppose it could be her hitting some decline due to age, and I hate to think so.
(2)

Lilah has a vet appt tomorrow. It will be a relief to get her seen. I think she has a UTI or some other acute infection. I feel terrible for not realizing she was sick, but I was sick, too, and she's always been a "hider" -- she likes to be under things and in closets, and it's common for her to hide away for days. I didn't see how bad she was getting. 😞
(3)

Ali I hope Lilah is okay. I'll be thinking of you. (and Lilah of course)
(2)

Hope.okay will be ok, ALI.

Chew toys for cats?! Never heard of such a thing! The plastic tips on shoelaces are one of her favorite things!
(2)

((((hugs))))) ali. She is a good age, for sure. Hope the vet can help.

glad - can you distract her with a lazer light or other toy when she chews on something she shouldn't? They need to play!!!

Yesterday I saw a canine of some sort loping through the neighbourhood - and through my front garden. It did not look like a lost dog. but rather a predator tracking something. Thankfully Rocky was inside and I kept her for a while. but didn't see it again.
(3)

Ali, my thoughts are with you an Lilah today. Hope it's something easy!
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter