Follow
Read More
My ragdoll Anna has oozed into my mom's chair and purrs on her half the day or more. I'm 99% sure this is better than any meds hospice has.

... Then Raziel drops his skinny black butt on the cocktail table and just raises her blood pressure by looking her in the eye and knocking all the coasters down.

Thankfully mom is also a cat person
(6)

ff - glad it went well and hope the changes solve the problem.
(2)

We took our sneezing cat to the Vet, it was like trying to cage a chipmunk. We were a nervous wreck wondering how he was going to behave as this was our first visit with him since he was adopted a couple of years ago [Covid had stalled our first visit as back then we couldn't even go into the building, and I wanted to be there with him as I was sure he would freak out].

Jesse was such a good boy. The Tech held him close to her while the Vet checked him over head to toe. We were stunned how he cooperated and allowed someone else to hug him. Did he sneeze while there? Of course not. It's like taking a car to the shop for a rattle, and the rattle stops once you get to the shop.

The Vet didn't hear any congestion so she believes it is an airborne allergy. We have been experimenting with different cat litters trying to find one both the cats like and I liked. So maybe that is causing the sneezing. So we changed all the boxes with the old standby brand.
(8)

Hey Golden,

Henrick is mostly pretty good. He has his off days and sleeps a lot more but
otherwise all things considered he's not bad. I've managed to get him to eat the renal dry food but gave up on the wet kidney diet. We tried at least four different kinds of that and he wasn't having it.

Frequentflyer, we took our Henrick in a few weeks ago cause he had been sneezing also. Our vet did a lung x-ray cause when he listened to Hen's chest he could hear congestion. There was a sign of infection on the x-ray so we put him on a 7 day course of antibiotics which he was none to happy about. It seemed to help but I've noticed him sneezing a bit again this last week. We had very bad air quality here for a few days but it's better now so I'm hoping that's all it was and he'll stop sneezing now.
(3)

gershun - How is Henrick doing? It's so hard when they get older.

ff- good luck. I know my best shot with Rocky is surprise - just pick her up and pop her in the carrier before she can protest too much. She, more than any other cat I have had, doesn't like to be picked up. I hope your kitty's sneezing is not something serious.

Rocky has been catching mice and birds -and eating them - yet when I give her cooked chicken I have to cut it up in very small pieces for her. I used to make a mash of her wet food, boiled sweet potato and extra water, which Pumpkin loved to slurp up, but Rocky always waited till it dried out before she ate it. So I gave up and just gave her a bit of wet food along with the dry. I tried the sweet potato again - just put a chunk on her plate with the pate, and to my surprise she ate the lot, so I guess I will keep doing that.
(2)

Nothing like lying in bed with the cat standing next to you and he lets out 5 sneezes in a row. Thanks, Pal. Can't you learn to use your elbow? He looks like I do when the pollen count is high.

Anyhow, I was able to get him a Vet appointment for today, as this sneezing has been going into its second day. He's an indoor cat, but likes to mouse around in the garage, his man cave.

I always dread trying to put a cat in a carrier. Never know what their mood is and they can sense I am nervous about something.
(3)

In the past I have had 3 male Siamese cats that lived for about 18 years before kidney disease killed them. None of them would eat the prescription food. I have a six-month old Siamese male now and he won't eat any kind of wet food.
(3)

Gershun, one time one of my cats, who was in his teens, also developed kidney disease. Since he needed a lot of water, I would put bowls of water out in different places which got his curiosity. Then the following week I would move the bowls again to other places. It worked for him to get more water during that stage. He had zero interest in the prescription wet food, so he got his regular wet food.

Oh, at 15 years old, Henrick is in his mid-70's in human years. I wonder if cats lose their sense of taste like we do when we get older?
(3)

{{{{{{HUGS! Gershun}}}}}}
(1)

My Henrick is slowing down. He will be 15 at the end of November. He was diagnosed with early kidney disease three mths. ago. His appetite is meh and since he has kidney disease I can't be trying to tempt him with other foods cause he needs to be on a low protein diet.

I worry excessively about him, according to my DH but he is my baby.
(5)

Prayers for all the cats, dogs, parakeets, and any pets!

How is your pet doing?

Does anyone need some love and support from other caregivers for their pet(s)?

Mosquitos are waking up my bird in the middle of the night. He flies to the sides of his cage. He has been afraid, as evidenced by "fear pooping", copious amounts of water, and frequent. I am working on it.
(2)

Thank you frequent flyer and Golden. I was beigining to think I was a cat hoarder. She is all legs and ears. She takes her cues from my to two year boys. They get along well, my hubs is very accepting of her. She is very easy and accepting of everyone. E now knows he can see her any time he wants.
(5)

Oh sharyn- what a lovely thing to do. She sounds like a great pet for E. 4 cats isn't too many!

I am sleeping in the spare room so have lots of empty dresser drawers. I leave one partially open so Rocky can get in it and have put a few of her things there. She goes in it at bedtime for a while. The other day I looked and she had put one of toys in the drawer. So cute.
(5)

SharynMMarie, what a wonderful thing to do. I am also the crazy cat lady, welcome to the club =^..^=
(5)

I don’t know if I told you all that my grandson found a kitten at their house. She is a black kitten. This was in august. They could not have her in the house because their other grandma is allergic. They feed her outside. I was able to talk my daughter into letting g me get the kitten to care fore intil the no kill cat shelter had room to bring her in.

I took her to my vet had her tested for FeLV/fiv which is the equivalent to human AIDS/HIV but with cats. She was negative. I had her first vaccine and deworming. I surrendered her to the shelter on august 24 th.

while I missed her knowing she would get a good home, I found out that my grandson who has mild autism was crying himself to sleep after I surrendered her. Yes I’m a bleeding heart. I adopted her back, lol! So much money but it broke my heart E was not sleeping well. I now have 4 cats. I am the crazy cat lady. My grands named her Midnight, she is about 4 months old. She is spayed, all legs and ears and she is black.

she is a relaxed kitten, plays but is accepting to everyone including children. My other cats are accepting her and she copies herself after hocus and Pokus that I adopted two years ago.

I hope everyone is well.
(7)

Rocky was very leery of R, as expected, but she thoroughly investigated all his stuff. I think she must have remembered some of the farm smells. The other night at supper she was talking to me and wanting something. I gave her a fresh bowl of food as there had been a lot of drywall dust around. That wasn't it. She crouched by "her" dining room chair so I invited her to sit on the chair. Up she came and sat there at supper with us watching everything. I think she just wanted to be included. A bit later she stepped up on the table so I shooed her down and that was it. R gave her a rib bone (left over from the other night) but she didn't want that. She went and sat under the coffee table - one of her fave spots - and just watched.
(5)

My mother always hated cats - I think she was afraid of them. My bother was allergic, so that was a perfect reason to never have one as a pet.
She is now in her early 90s, forgetful in some ways and sharp as a tack at other times...
We adopted a young cat, and weren't sure how she would react when she came to our house for dinner.
She was fascinated with Ruby, and when Ruby jumped up onto the top of her scratching post in the kitchen, my mother responded with a belly laugh and a great smile!
A good memory for us.
(6)

Prayers for ALL the cats (and Chloe) who need some extra love and care today.

🐦🐇🐱🐶🐿🐾🦙️

🐾

🐾
(4)

congratulations ali!!!
🙂🙂🙂🙂
(1)

Thank you, all. ❤️️

I have one more paper to finish, so I can't personally celebrate just yet. Or, I can take my current 85% in that class and go party the next few days before I'm back at work on Sunday.

I need to stop thinking about that second scenario because it's too tempting. 😆

I'm done for tonight, thank heavens. I'm reminding myself that pain is temporary, but grades are forever. lol

Thank you to everyone who has supported me in this journey. It's a huge accomplishment for me. 😌

There is a ceremony, Send, but I won't be attending/walking.
(6)

Ali,
Oh, surprise.
Did we get that right?
Is there a ceremony to get your degree?

That went by so fast!
(3)

Ali, really?! It went by so fast! Does it seem that way to you?

CONGRATULATIONS! YIPPEE!
(4)

Good news re Lilah -and Chloe.

When Rocky is upset she pees on my bed once - just letting me know I guess. I am rather dreading the transition time at my dds when Rocky will have to be with me. and also the time when she then moves to the condo. Bedroom doors will have to be kept shut. Fortunately the new flooring is waterproof. She will have her own space at night, as she does here. Hopefully she will adjust fairly quickly but I know she will miss the outdoors. I'm going to try her on a harness and leash. There are nice places with vegetation to walk in around the condo.

Ali - Getting your degree is such a great accomplishment!!!
(5)

Ali, glad to know Lilah is feeling better.

AND a sincere congratulations on your degree!
(5)

Well last night Chloe held it until 530.. so at least for me that is "sleeping in" LOL she made it downstairs and did her job on the marble entry before I even made it down the steps! Then 2 little spots on the kitchen rug. So it may be her new food,, we are going to try mixing it with her old food tomorrow Wish us luck!! and a late evening walk tonight!
(3)

Pamz, isn't it funny how they find ways to tell us they're displeased? After a vet trip, Divo went into my closet to do a big poo. Another time after the groomer, he stood in the middle of my office and peed a big puddle all over the floor.
I just wanted to pop in and say Lilah is doing much better at moving around and getting her water. After ruling out medical, I used behavior training with her over the past week. You know, that thing I'm getting my degree in this week. :) She's doing well and better than I've seen her in a long time. She needs more stimulation and prompts -- water bowls everywhere, motivating treats and toys -- and maybe because she's older, too. She's always liked to find a hide-away spot and stay there, but it became extreme. I let it go, thinking she was comfortable that way. No more.

My roommates and I agree she was sick -- crying, not moving, sleeping, and going outside the box for days -- but the cause is unknown. It could have been dehydration, I guess. But she's all better, and I'm relieved.

That is her in my profile pic. 🐱
(5)

My dad loves cats so much he wanted to let our beautiful tuxedo baby out the front door where it could get run over.
(2)

Well my dog expressed her displeasure at my working by waking up hubs at 3 am ( I had already moved into the spare room because she was smothering me) and she took a giant ( for a 15 lb pup) poo ON the driveway right beside my drivers side door! Luckily I had off today, and hubs told me when we got up. She has NEVER pooped on the drive before,, we have acres for her to use! Guess retirement can't come soon enough for both of us.. LOL She is often a "tick" on my days off..but this is a first!
(4)

SharynMMarie, it doesn't seem fair that your grandson can't have any pets because a visiting Grandmother is allergic.

I understand allergies, I don't do well around dogs, and my sig-other's daughter has 3 dogs. I can't visit but that is ok, they come here to visit. I would never ask someone not to experience the joy of having pets just because I am allergic.
(4)

My grandsons found a stray kitten. They cant keep her as their other grandma is allergic. After 3 days I picked her up from their house and took her to my house. I will surrender her to the no kill shelter I adopted my other cats from on the 24th. She is negative for FELV/FIV. She is very tiny but is older than 6 weeks as she has all her baby teeth.

my grandson named her Midnight. He loves animals but can’t have a cat or his other gramma will not visit.

she is an adorable little girl but is not friendly with our golden or my other 3 cats
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter