Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Thanks CWillie,
He loses his egg to me AFTER the egg is peeled, ha ha.
(1)

I tried dill pickles in the eggs once,, they were not our happy place. I just made them for us,, we like them as snacks! And I never knew birds would eat eggs? Our dogs and cats love them!,, scrambled
(1)

Here's a tip that may help Tweety. Before you boil the eggs put an X on one of them with a pencil, that will remind you to set it aside for her. Him?
(1)

Pammzi,
Would Deviled eggs be good with a tart dill pickle?

Are you making deviled eggs for the big game?
What who when where? Is it football?

There are knockworst (we use them as hot dogs) on sale.

My bird can eat boiled eggs, but I forget and season it, then Tweety cannot have it! Tried 3 times now.
(0)

Ah,, here is the thread I was looking for ! My puppy loves pickles,, who would have thought? Maybe I should watch her sodium intake?
(3)

Cats rule!

Dogs are people too!

Now, I have my bird....

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦

But just one.
(2)

I have my dad's cat. My dad passed in his sleep and the cat was with him when he died. The cat that I originally did not want has turned out to be a sweet little guy. My vet warned me that we tend to place our feelings about our loved one onto the pet and it can be tricky. I found that very very true when the cat got out and I thought I had lost him. I sobbed hysterically for a cat I didn't want and felt like I had let my dad down and lost him all over again. Luckily, the little guy came back. The weird thing he does though to both me and my husband is while we are sleeping he takes his paw and gently pats our lips. We both swear he's just checking to make sure we're still breathing. Every time I just tell him, it's ok, we're still here, you'll still get fed. I do wonder if he was traumatized a little with my dad his only caregiver and passing away but he was only alone with him after he passed for a few hours before I came and found him.
I take care of my mom and my dog loves her to pieces. She once told me that when I bring him to visit it makes her feel "normal" which I thought was interesting.
(7)

Sorry Lu,
Bootsie loved you too.
(2)

So sorry, luckylu

Sad day for you 🙁
(2)

This morning I lost Bootsie,when my dH took her to the Humane Society,a No-kill shelter here.
It breaks my heart to see her go.We've been through so much together and grown so close through the years.
While I am thankful for the very special time we had together,I am very sad she is gone.
She will be deeply missed~
(6)

Oh my gosh, my newer cat [Jesse who is 8 years old] is a strange little fellow. If sig other and I have a disagreement, the cat takes my side. Jesse will yell at sig other with a variety of sounds as loud as he can be, with stance that he means business.
(6)

Ms. Madge,

I agree. It’s crazy to do that. Why die a dog’s hair?
(0)

Omg
I was channel surfing tonight and came across a show on cable about creative dog grooming - how these folks haven't been targeted by peta is beyond me
they dye dog's coats and cut them into mondo bizarro shapes and enter them into contests
one woman retired her standard poodle because his coat became damaged 😿
(4)

Aw, you're fine just the way you are Lu! I wish there was something we could do for old Bootsie though. :(
(3)

Maybe both Bootsie and I need some Prozac Gershun-
(1)

Lu, there is prozac for pets. Have you considered that?

Pam, I've put out a Pam alert for all the deer in the universe. They've got your number now so be careful. ;)
(3)

Pammzi,
Not sure if Tweety will be allowed to go out that night. He has a strict curfew of 9:00 p.m.
(3)

Luckylu,
Online there are cat behaviorists that might give you some ideas for Bootsie.
Here is one (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpnem_ydofg ).

I have seen others that may have the answer for Bootsie.
(1)

Well I took out Rudolph a few years ago with my truck,, so tell Tweety to be careful out there,,,
(3)

Santa phoned and asked Tweety if he would like to guide his sleigh on "The night".
I have never seen Tweety fly around so much, and tweet/chirp so much as today! ALL DAY, he has not stopped except for his nap.
(4)

Thanks Send....I haven't bought or tried that yet.Bootsie is still separated from her "kittens".After the 4th catfight, my dH and I don't think she'll ever be able to be with her babies again.She only wants to attack them and they are scared to death of her now.
(1)

Reminder to Luckylu...
Follow up to work on Bootsie's-cat problem.
Try the Rescue Remedy by Bach (flower essences).
(2)

Thx Send, I have been monitoring his pooping and if anything his logs are bigger and stinkier than ever before. Sorry for the graphic description. He doesn't cover them either. I always tell him he is very rude.

I'm going to mention all this at the vet tomorrow. Maybe they can prescribe something for the nausea. I'm pissed off though cause I had made arrangements for someone to come to my home to take the sutures out and it was to be today but she cancelled at the last minute so I'm going to have to cab it out there tomorrow.
(1)

Gershun,
The drug can cause constipation.
Constipation can cause vomiting.
A worry would be an intestinal blockage, oh no, now you have to check if he is pooping correctly. Is he straining?
And watch him, make sure he is not confused and eating cat litter or poop after the surgery.
Used to be, a person could not go home after surgery unless they had pooped.
You can google foods like pears to help with constipation, but your cat eats cantaloupe? No wonder he likes cantaloupe.

I do hope this is a simple solution to the vomiting. Do call the vet.
(1)

Thx NHWM, I've got a appt. tomorrow morning to get his sutures taken out so I'll ask then. I'm starting to think it's time for a new vet though. These guys aren't very proactive and they seem to charge a lot. I thought it was the same across the board with veterinary costs but have done my research and turns out that's not the case
(1)

Poor baby. It’s been so long since I had my cat. She lived until she was 16.

Do you have an emergency vet in your area, Gershun? I wonder if you told the receptionist your question if she could relay it to the vet on call and he/she or the receptionist could call you back.

Otherwise, just wait until the morning to check back.

My daughter is visiting tonight. She is spending the night. She uses a vet near our home. The same vet we had for our last dog. My grandpuppy goes in for his vet appointment tomorrow morning.

Her little pooch was just diagnosed with Cushing disease. The meds caused bloody diarrhea for a day. They had to adjust the dosage. So Yeah, meds can cause issues. Guess they may have similar issues as humans with drugs.

Our pets are so sweet. They have their own personalities. They talk to us in their own way.

Well my neighbors in my first apartment after I married my husband, they had a pet that really did speak! Was the most adorable thing that you ever heard! I was in my early 20’s.

Gosh, these two elderly sisters had to be in their 70’s at least. I loved them! They baked the most delicious treats and invited me over to share a cookie or piece of cake, whatever they made. I think they felt sorry for me because I wasn’t a very good cook yet. Hahaha. They made sure I had a treat now and then.

They were kind of mischievous old ladies with a wicked sense of humor!

The first time I went into their apartment I heard what sounded like a male voice asking if I wanted coffee.

I looked at my neighbor with a puzzled look and told them I heard a man ask me if I wanted coffee. They were giggling at me. Then Sally said, “Oh honey, that’s just Fred.”

I knew they were widows! So, I just said, “Oh, okay,”. I didn’t want to pry. Then I kept hearing, “Do you want coffee?” Over and over again. They started giggling again.

Finally they showed me Fred in the other room. They owned a beautiful parrot that always asked guests about coffee because Nan and Sally always offered coffee with their cookies. Smart bird! Hahaha
(4)

Has anyone heard of withdrawal symptoms in cats. My cat had to have a small mass removed two weeks ago. They gave him a morphine like drug which he was on for 6 days. He's been off of it now for 9 days but started vomiting four days ago. I'm wondering if it could be a kind of withdrawal symptom.

Just wondering if any pet owners out there have experienced anything like this or think this could be what is causing the vomiting. The name of the drug is Buprenorphine.
(1)

Thanks for mentioning the Rescue remedy Gershun and Send.Sounds good~
(3)

Ah, I used to use Bach's Rescue Remedy for panic attacks.
It must be great for cats too!
Sprouts Market sells them. Also, Whole Foods. Any place where herbs, supplements are sold may have them.

I wonder if it is the same formula for pets as people?
(3)

Gershun have you tried the natures miracle no scratch spray? Can’t say it works as I haven’t used it. I’m convinced feliway is just a gimmick. I tried the diffusers for behavior issues and it didn’t work with my cats-my daughters cat kept going after my cat and I thought it was why my car was peeing on the carpets. It didn’t work, the cats still acted the same way. My mom tried it because she got a kitten and her other cat has never gotten used to her and attacks her every chance she gets. The feliway did absolutely nothing, despite its claims to calm cats!
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter