Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Thank you all for your kind wishes.
I had to leave all my neighbors behind.
Please include them in your prayers.
Did I say hotel? It is called a motel, near the beach.
(3)

Stay safe send and all those in fire evacuation zones.
(3)

Let go and let god Send - what else can you do? 🤗
(3)

Hope you're safe and sound, Send

crazy hot weather - 98 degrees
(3)

I bet that hotel has never had a bird spend the night there before Send.He's a lucky duck!
(2)

My Tweety bird loved riding in the car after evacuating today. We are staying in a hotel, he likes that too!
(6)

A feral and her three kittens were in the backyard this morning

she gave me the evil eye so don’t think she wants help

a few years back a feral had her litter in the driveway garden bed - she wouldn’t leave my side and I spent two weeks finding a foster for her and her babies while feeding her and trying to protect her as she was attacked at night
(6)

Wow, Pam

Eagles are birds of prey. Geeeez, poor kitty. I love cats! I had them growing up. Had them after I moved away from home too.

Was allergic and didn’t know it. My mom thought it was an ongoing cold. It wasn’t until I married my husband and he saw the sneezing every single day with me, he said he thought I should go have allergy testing.

Oh my gosh, I found out that I was allergic to my cat and a ton of other things. So after she died I didn’t get another one but I adore cats.

I love dogs too. I love all animals. Pam, when I was a kid, my friend down the street was crazy about all animals. She would be calling a cat, “Here, kitty kitty” until it followed her home. Hahaha. Any extras she gave to me. I named one of my cats, Extra! Hahaha

When her hamster had babies she asked if I wanted one. I came home with three of them. My mother hated them and called them rats!

I was a quirky kid. I grew tired of seeing my hamsters spin on that wheel so I took my kite string and made a little leash and walked him around. Hey, I was 12 years old! My young and stupid days! Hahaha

Well, Charlie got off of his string. I got into big trouble with mom. He was missing for three days. I wanted Charlie back. She kept saying that she couldn’t sleep because my ‘rodent pet’ was going to crawl on her while she was sleeping. My mom wouldn’t touch them! She was afraid of them. I cleaned the cage, fed them. I didn’t mind. I loved them.

Anyway, I knew Charlie showed up three days later when I heard my mom scream in her room. She went to put her shoes on and he was hiding in her shoe. I was so happy to see Charlie! She was scared to death! I was told to never walk him on my homemade kite string leash again. Now they sell those balls that they run in.
(2)

Need Help,, we live in a rural area,( with a "river) beside us( big creek really, but its name is river) and we have been hearing and seeing more coyotes in the past 5 years. We have 4 ferals at this point , 2 adults and 2 kittens,, so I am sure more are coming as I can't catch the mama and the kittens.. the big boy we got fixed. We feed and shelter them ( in the garage) but no way can I have that many cats in my house! It took us 5 years to catch the big boy, now he is a lover.. But he did get attacked by an eagle several years ago.. Just about skinned him. lots of vet bills.. He seems to have "told" the other 3 about the safe house in our garage.. LOL We do the best we can. But we never leave our small dogs out without a leash.. the birds worry me as much as the foxes and coyotes
(3)

CM,
Yes but...(negates everything said before)....I have not yet fed it.
Found it sleeping in the shelter that my hubs made inadvertently with a tarp covering our tools. Quite elaborate, leaves gather back there too. He draped the tarp just over the back block wall, really shady back there....

No, really, I am a dog person with a bird, absurd!
(2)

Sorry Send. You're doomed! 😻
(2)

There is a cat, moving into our yard. It looks calico with lots of white.
Somebody please save me, save my sappy heart.....
(2)

Very, true NHWM, when I was caring for mom, very metro area, all the Fox or coyote left of a cat was the tail and a paw that I found in the yard one morning. One neighbor lost a small dog.
(1)

The coyotes are an issue now even in cities. Yes, small pets need protection from them. People here can’t leave their small pets outside unsupervised.

The really horrible thing that is happening too is these insane people that are giving squirrels meth and think it’s funny watching them going crazy. Horrible!

This happened to my friend and she is a caregiver to her sister with Downs and dementia. Her sister is 51 and is in a wheelchair. She isn’t expected to live much longer. She’s starting to decline.

The crazy squirrel almost attacked my friend. Her sister’s hospice caregiver was awesome and was able to get the squirrel away from everyone. They were all enjoying a beautiful day in her backyard and this squirrel became like a character out of a horror film.

Reports have surfaced on our local news about the drugged squirrels that are attacking people. It’s so sad. What kind of idiot drugs a squirrel?
(1)

Living in a rural area you would think that pet owners would be more watchful over their pets. But, then people here grow up with ferals and barn cats that live outside all the time and are not really pets, they are mousers. A neighbor has lost three pet cats in two weeks to the coyotes that are especially bad this year and owls about too. My cats have all been indoor cats since about 84 when the cat was hit by a car.

Wishing people would realize that terrible things can happen to our pets when allowed to roam. Ming is a wonderful indoor cat and never even tries to get out.🐱
(1)

She isn't huge yet. Evidentally, they are slow growers and don't reach full size for four years. She is only half way there. Will be interesting to see.
(0)

Glad, Ragdolls are so awesome,, and so HUGE !! Many years ago I wanted one, but we ended up rescuing a Himalayan instead, and he was pretty awesome too.Now I have "Heinz 57s" and even the ferals are entertaining,, but I am still trying to catch Mama and her 2 babies to get them fixed.. I don't need 50 cats!!
(3)

Relaxing in bed playing fetch with Ming. She must be a rag doll, no long hair Siamese. And ragdolls are known to fetch. A dog cat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2yT4KWy9c
(3)

I’ve 2 strange occurrences with cats,
the first one, appeared the morning of my mother’s death. It was a very friendly black cat that would cock it’s head on one side as if listening. Every one of us, sister, dad and I would spend time chatting to this cat and stroking it. After 7 days had passed it never appeared again and I could find no one nearby who owned such a cat,
The second one, was black with white paws and bib, and completely deaf. Since my father was hard of hearing and I’m deaf - the cat learnt to read sign language very quickly. He came everyday to the patio doors and on gaining entry would jump into the recliner next to dad and have a sleep. He would never sit in my lap though would on my fathers. It was as though he recognised a fellow lone spirit and wanted to spend time with him. I don’t think he had ever been played with - I bought a cat nip toy and he wasn’t interested. As he left that day I threw it and he bit it. The cat nip must have penetrated but he didn’t react as normal. He reacted as if he’d caught some small rodent. Ears went back eyes widened and he scarpered off with the toy. Never did find it again!
(3)

Congratulations FF on getting Jesse James.
Sounds like he needs two names!

Get a second opinion about the Prozac, and keep ALL catnip toys away from him, completely and forever. Poor kitty. What a cutie!
(0)

Ff, Well I guess you have your hands full. Love hearing about Jesse and the middle name James sounds like a good fit!

My sig other's cat name Sam was the same way, he did slow down some after a few years😵

But they are fun! 😺
(2)

FF, I really enjoyed the story about your new high energy cat and his interaction with the queen of the house.  

Have you ever seen Bradley Trevor Greive's series of books for different situations, ranging from depression to just playful topics?  

https://www.thriftbooks.com/a/bradley-trevor-greive/217253/

They're light hearted but serious, illustrated on each page by animals whose expressions fit the book topics.   The Blue Day Book was the first one I've read. 

I was thinking how appropriately your cats would be in photos and Greive style books.    Something like owning the house, or meeting new acquaintances might fit the meeting of the minds of your two lovely fur balls.
(2)

Well, my cat "Rosie" has a new house mate, got him at the Shelter and re-named him Jesse, he is 8 years old. He is white/ginger shorthair.

After living 2 days under the furniture he has taken over the house after two weeks. No wonder the Shelter was so happy we adopted him. The workers came out with a large climbing tree, blankets, toys, etc. All the employees and volunteers where so happy to see him leave. And no adoption fee. I was waiting for the confetti and balloons to fall from the ceiling. Then one employee announced "by the way, he is on Prozac".

Well this boy is none stop. Run, run, run. Playing with the toys. Exploring every inch of the house. More run, run, run, play, play, play. He's a climber. At least the top of my china cabinet is finally getting dusted by him. He explored my bedroom last night, was on the highboy cabinet and was trying to reach over to the top of the dresser mirror. Yikes, I didn't need that at 3 in the morning. He also likes to reach into wastebaskets and remove tissues :P

He and Rosie have met a few times. No love lost here. But she can outrun him very easily and at 14 can take care of herself, thank you. Jesse is afraid of her, his tail gets all fluffed out and he growls. She just glares at him. We think she is a Norwegian Forest Cat so she is all fur, so to him she looks HUGE. She is very graceful when leaping up on high places. Can't say that about Jesse.

Oh, Jesse now has a middle name.... James.
(6)

Deidre,

They pick us. I believe that. You are special to that cat.
(2)

Pam,

I have seen those. Hope Chloe enjoys it playing with her new toy.
(2)

I also want to thank everyone that gave me toy advice for Chloe. We finally found one at the grocery , of all places! Its an "unstuffed" stuffed animal with squeakers.. sort of like a flat stuffed animal. I just ordered 3 more from Amazon, hope they hold up as well! Now to get rid of all the ones on the table she has destroyed, but I feel bad tossing...
(4)

Has anyone ever had a visiting cat from a neighbor? I did. He was a beautiful Siamese cat. I lived with a roommate at the time. He never went in her room though.

I had a tall chest in my room and he would climb up there and just stare at me. Then I suppose his internal clock would speak to him to go home for dinner and he would leave.

I believe they do have internal clocks.

My roomie and I referred to him as our visiting friend. He would cry at our back doorstep until I let him in. He would rub on my legs. I’d pet him. He’d hang out in my room with me. Then he would take off until the next day. Wonder what happened when I moved from that apartment.

The worst though was when I was a little girl we had a cat that went to live around the corner. I was devastated. I couldn’t find my kitty. Then I saw her at a neighbors house and told the kid in the front yard playing with my cat that she was playing with my cat. She told me it was hers. She asked me to prove it. I couldn’t so I just left. I told my mom where my cat was but she didn’t go and speak to them. I had other pets at home and maybe mom was glad to get rid of the cat. Mom loved animals but she didn’t confront the family about my kitty. I remember crying but eventually getting over it.
(2)

My puppy loves watermelon! And just about any people food she can get ! except peaches,, she just shoves them around. Our DD dog also loves about anything she can get, except seafood. ( Must not be a Maryland Chihuahua?) Mom comes home Thursday, and Chloe has been missing her.. And we will have Bella for several visits this month.. so Mom will be in heaven
(3)

: )
(1)

Gershun. I have never heard of a cat eating cantaloupe, but than my sig other's ate corn yesterday when I drop some on the floor. Crazy cats!

Send, I hope you and Tweety are okay over there. I don't know how you do it with all those EQ!
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter