Follow
Read More
Her address is all over the news. You can also Facebook her if you do that.
Was just passing it on. Sorry all.
(2)

Maybe the cat is grieving in his/her own way.

Animals have their own way of dealings with such things.

Get a Scratchpad, Catnip, Toys and let the cat come to you. They are very finicky creatures. If you have Netflix, there is a beautiful piece, "The Lion in your Living Room."

Maybe, buying treats and place it in your [clean] hand and have the cat come to you might work?
(0)

It is a lovely idea, Smeshque, but Send is absolutely right.

I wonder if the little girl's family could set up an online page for her instead? People love dog-related sites and I'm sure she would hear from canine friends all over the world.
(1)

Smeshque,
Aging Care admins will delete your post, and mine.
I feel your heart is in the right place.
However,
1) Do not post anyone's address, no matter how well intended you are. That is done on FB, and this is not fb.
2) Do not give out names, or addresses, especially of children.

Note: I am not the forum police, but a community member who cares. In the absence of good people like Garden Artist, and others who were first defenders of the site, someone has got to step up until the admins get here. Imo.
(1)

Calling all dog owners, ( no offence to cat owners)
If you can find it in your heart, there is this little 7 year old girl suffering from a brain tumor. She only request cards and pictures of peoples dogs. She LOVES dogs.
Please send her a card and a picture of your dog. Thank you. Please make a little girl struggling, smile. And pray for her.
google:
Emma M
Hartland, WI
(2)

That's a good mention, FF, I'll check it out, too.

This couch I have now has a corduroy type fabric, and a baby wipe over the surface in the direction of the pattern comes away with a lot of invisible cat hair. That's a neat trick and glad I figured it out. I also bought a $20 (they have much more expensive, if you're interested) lint brushes on Amazon. I always wondered why those types of brushes were kept around in every household, ever. I ordered a boar bristle lint brush and that works very well but you still have to get after the surfaces at least once a week to keep it clean from cat hair.

A blanket covering would be helpful. Every time I put a towel or blanket down where the cats are used to sitting/sleeping, they move next to it. Must be a smell thing for them.
(2)

Thanks FF, I may have to check that out. Vacuumed cat fur off couch today. It would be much easier to change out a baby blanket! Maybe some old towels would work too.
(2)

Oh how I wish I would have thought of these blankets for the cats years ago. I was using those large flannel throws to help catch the cat fur. Now I found something I just love, never been so happy over a product :)

28"x30" light weight flannel baby blankets made by Cloud Island. I have them on my desk chair because Charlie likes to sit/sleep behind me. One is on Rosie's sleeping bench. Got two on the living room sofa. I change them twice a week. So much easier to wash compared to dealing with those larger throws.

Found these in Target. A box of 4 for around $10. Different patterns. Bought 4 boxes using up my gift cards :)

Ok, I know, I am sounding like an info-commercial :P
(7)

Tweety is a male Budgerigar (Parakeet) that appeared on the block wall hehind my home last July.
After studying bird videos on Youtube (his favorite is "mango, blueberry, and rainbow" on teardropface), found out he is male due to the color of his "Cere".

His nose is blue.

Thanks for asking, Cwillie!
(4)

What a handsome fellow! .... or, er, pretty gal? Do you know?
(2)

Here is a picture of my Tweety bird!
Those owning dogs and cats know about the cone of shame?
Well, my hubs made a cone of shame for the overhead ceiling fan, to prevent Tweety from getting up there.

There is only o n e bird, he is hanging by the mirror on a purse strap. Very active during the time we are watching bird videos.

Wondering if the squirrels will be coming back this year. If they are not fed, they relocate. I should not feed them.
(1)

Ali that snap tops for 7 days is what she has,, actually 2 of them, She does her pills for 2 weeks. But she likes to dump the pills into a pill cup from the snap container. The past few days I have been keeping a closer eye one this, so far so good.. Now to figure out how to get my aunt to get hers out of her pocket!
Chloe is doing well.. thank goodness
Thank you so much!
(2)

Lu, that is a very sweet story about Taco. I'm glad your mom had a nice fur buddy during her time of recovery.

Pamz, I was upset for you when I read what happened with the pills and the puppy. It sounded like the pup was going to be ok but I imagine you were holding your breath for the first 8 hours or so.

Maybe your mom can make a change to a snap-shut pill box so that this can't happen again. But also, I was thinking about how as my dad's need for medication increased, and I couldn't trust him to be accountable for what he had or hadn't taken, then I started doing 3 weekly 7-compartment pill boxes. That way, at a glance I would know what he had taken, and if a dose had been forgotten. Sounds like there hasn't been a great need for this with mom before, but maybe now you could introduce a weekly snap box type dispenser, with the excuse that it will keep meds away from the puppy... if this seems like a good idea for your situation.
(3)

One day I went out to get the newspaper and a little dog ran in front of me and into the house and went right under Mother's bed.Mother fell in love with the little dog and the dog fell in love with her and stuck to Mom like glue,sleeping with her and everything for about a year,just after Mom broke her neck.Then the little dog died suddenly one day.
I believe that Taco was Heaven sent to give Mother comfort and help her heal and when Mother got better,Taco's job was finished.
(9)

Both of my dogs fell in love with my mom. Only problem I had was she gave them too many treats and people food that they shouldn't have.

My dogs lived long lives and I adored them. Would love another pet but I can't go through having to put them down again. Plus my mother loves to find things to complain or worry about and it's just another thing to deal with and I don't need the additional stress.

I've had cats before too. Love them! I despise seeing birds in a cage or even fish in a tank. I love seeing birds fly in the open sky or fish in a large body of water. Never been fond of anything other than domestic animals for pets.
(2)

All well, thank heavens. And tonight she left me pour her pills. I did tell hubs we need to start doing this. With out the whole story,,,
(3)

Scary, Pam, hope all is ok with Chloe.
(2)

Mom is going downhill these days, with the back pain and the new use of the walker. She puts her pills into a med cup for the evening, and puts it out with the nighttime eyedrops. today I caught the puppy with a "baked bean" in her mouth.. how the heck did she get that? Nope, not a baked bean.. mom had spilled her pills all over the floor, and I mean all of them and the pup had a AREDs eye vitamin!! I was able to get it from her.. then paniced and swept the floor.. found all but one pill. trying to figure out from mom what it could be.. blood pressure! Mom was crawling on the floor I just swept,, all upset ( so was I but trying not to show it) Never did find the pill, but it's been 3 hours now, and we are trying to be optimistic. They give this pill to dogs, and mom is on the lowest dose so we should be ok even if Chloe got it.. Can't tell hubs unless something happens,, he will lose his s&&t ! Mom is upset ( and this is 4 years to the day that dad passed, and she had PT and not feeling well) so we had a talk about her letting us help more with "pill delivery". Adding to the joy is that when Aunt visits she keeps her pills in her pocket!! I feel like the bad guy, and they feel bad enough as they both love the puppy like she was their child. Have to find a new method going forward.. for all our sakes. Hopefully the vet is right, and that maybe the pill fell into the floor vent? Or tastes horrible?
(2)

No poo allowed in the bed, ever.
Old man cat knows, and knows why he cannot get in the bed.

You don't need to stay mad Ali. Give him lots of bedtime cuddles, a goodnight, and a special place for him, but not the bed.

Being strict is not mean.
(2)

I revoked Old Man cat's sleeping in my bed privileges ever since I came back from a short trip out of town and found he had poo'ed all over the bed. It makes no sense except as a behavior done out of protest, because it was so much above and beyond what he's done in the past at any time, even with his mild and occasional bowel incontinence.

Call me heartless, I don't care if he did it out of agitation and missing me. He poo'ed all over the bed!! ALL OVER IT, on the pillows, on everything. I changed the bed, took away the chair that allows him a middle-step access to the bed, and I'm hanging tough with my decision... though that inquisitive look he gives me daily does pull at my heart.

Am I a mean cat mom? Probably. I'm just mad at him still. What a punk.
(4)

My glued to MY hip Chug Chloe decided to sleep with Mom last night.. first time ever! She has been gone on a visit a few days, and is not doing well right now( other posts) and she was so happy.. that puppers is a heat generator and was a peach with mom, who was SO happy! She is already asking Chloe if she will sleep with her again tonight! I guess she will as we are still babysitting our DDs chihuahua, who can be a mean girl and sleeps with us too!
(2)

Thank you Send...I can't believe they're already 2 years old and how much they've grown~
They're so fun to be with and have brought me so much joy.
Today,to celebrate.We'll sing some songs and have some special cat treats and do the Beanie Baby Boogie they love so much along with some bubbles and catnip and make it a Birthday they'll never forget.
(4)

Luckylu,

Happy Birthday to the kitties!
(3)

Yes, FF but would I? LOL
(3)

Gershun, you need to buy one of those baby carriers that a person straps onto the front of themselves. He would be one happy cat being in that carrier :P

I got one of those glued-to-the-hip cats, he's old so he is probably feeling unsure of himself. Just wish he wouldn't tap my face in the middle of the night.... with his claws out !!!!
(4)

Well I've decided the only thing that will make my one cat Daniel happy is if I surgically implant him into my stomach. Seriously.................he wants to be so close that sometimes I think he wants to neck with me. I love him and I always wanted a cuddly cat but this guy takes the cake. Man!

But he is so darn cute. :)
(5)

Have a 'rescue' dog. For 13 years (who has cancer now). He wouldn't let anyone into the house, as he was so protective of me. When this happened with my Mom? I plopped him right onto the bed. Had a conversation with him. Either he accepts the new situation, she'll be staying here, or he can spend his time in the bedroom, alone. He came around. And learned to love her too.
(5)

Now hunting for cat's tail. It must be here somewhere!
(1)

Glad, I've read that you should keep cat's food bowls far away from litter box.

I guess you can't really blame them. I wouldn't want to eat my meals next to where I just had a poop! :P
(4)

Litter tracking drives me nuts! Cat food and litter box in the same room. Decided to move food dish to the kitchen. Guess what! Not nearly the litter tracking that there was. I had to vacuum daily to get the litter up. Maybe after using the box, she felt empty, saw the food and oh so hungry, that she would hurry out of the box?

Maybe, but a mystery to me. Whatever works!😽😽🐈
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter