Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
That reminds me of the time my aunt called my mom all upset because she had lost her cat, she could hear him crying but couldn't find him. Turned out he had gotten into the cupboard above her fridge and had knocked something over so it wouldn't open from the inside🙄
(5)

Found Ming behind the washer and dryer. Poor baby, somehow she managed to get the handle of a shopping bag wrapped around her middle. She did finally escape from the bag when I started moving the dryer out. Keep bags out of the reach of cats! She is ok, but was a bit distressed.
(3)

Lucky, so sorry you lost Odom.  Our fur babies are family.  Glad he chose you when you needed him.  Big hugs.
(2)

Ali....Odom died of kidney failure and yeah,I saw it coming.He really started getting worse since Christmas.
(2)

Lucky, I am so sorry.

I need a cat whisperer. About five minutes ago I hear her running through the house with something stuck on her. Sounded like a grocery plastic bag, she is scared no doubt. But I cannot find her. Didn't know this house had somewhere that good to hide. Will look again in a bit.
(3)

FF, you're a cat whisperer genius imo. I just now saw your comment and thought I could try the baby wipes on Old Man. He's fine with it. Who knew....

This will help to keep the worst of his funk -- which really isn't all that terrible to begin with but he's just not a clean cat these days -- to a minimum.
(2)

Lu, that stinks. I'm so sorry. Was Odom old or sick and you saw it coming? I don't know if that really helps or not, if we know they're declining. It's always sad to have them pass, no matter if you were expecting it or not, I think.
(3)

(HUG) Lu
(4)

Thanks you all,I knew you'd understand.I miss him so much already.The house feels strange without him here and my husband and I feel kinda lost.Bootsie isn't looking for Odom but knows he's gone and she's sad and clinging to me.Tomarrow,we will have his funeral in the backyard.
Thank you for all your kind support.I really appreciate it.
(4)

Hugs Luckylu. Sorry for your loss of Odom.
(3)

((((((Lucky)))))
(3)

Sorry you lost your sweet kitty Luckylu ((hugs))
(3)

In Winter of 2007 after Mother broke her neck,Odom,a Tabby appeared in our garage.The temperature dropped so low and one day,Odom darted in the house.I found out his owner lived down the street and tried to return him 2 different times,but he came right back and stayed from then on,He was with me as I took care of Mom and always brought me comfort.
Last night I lost this dear old boy,3 years after I lost Mom.He was there for me through my grief and now I hope he is with Mother in Heaven.I will miss Odom who brought me so much love.I was blessed he chose to be my cat.
(6)

For years I use to get the cats to move about using a white rope and dragging it behind me as I walked through the house. That got the cats attention, and they would be busy attacking the rope. My 18 year old guy will play attacking the robe as long as the rope is on a dark surface because his eye sight has faded.

Our other cat, who is 13, can't wait for when the bed sheets are washed and dried. I have a clothes-line rope that I use to drag around the top of the bed. But first I put on the bottom sheet to which Rosie will dive underneath.....

Once I get her out from under that sheet, I throw the top sheet over her and drag the rope on top of it. It is so funny, you see feet kicking all over the place. She loves this. This only works if the sheets are light colored so the cat can see the shadow of the rope. Be careful, the cat may dive at you so you need to be quick.
(6)

AliBoBali, a couple years ago when my 19 year old cat "Katie" [short hair tortie] could no longer reach certain places to wash herself, I tried using unscented baby wipes. I was surprised the cat really didn't mind it. The other cats thought Katie smelled strange, but she didn't care :)

In fact, any time she thought she needed a baby wipe, she could come into my bathroom and "ask" for me to clean her.

This was good, because when Katie had a stroke, she needed me to use a lot of wipes on her.
(3)

We have a piece of cardboard from an old box that we throw around for the cats. They just love it! Who knew? We used to go out and buy toys and they just looked at us as if to say "Really?" If they could roll their eyes I think they would have.

They are both eleven now and it's a feat getting them to play. Hubs is really good at it. They just want to cuddle with me. I'll take it. :)
(5)

You need celery for Bloody Mary’s
(4)

Ali, you need some celery anyway, don't you?😽
(2)

Glad, my cats like my ponytail holder rubber bands a lot... and catnip toys. lol I'm going to try the toilet paper roll with them. They don't like toys, in general. They're both super lazy haha.
(3)

Send, maybe I have an especially stinky old cat..? Who knows. He doesn't stink, exactly, but his fur doesn't feel soft and fluffy and clean, more like oily and heavy. So yeah, he needs baths occasionally. I tell you, I'm so terrified to try it myself that I think I'll spring for a groomer. Then he can be mad at someone else, haha.

I think that booger gave me a cold. I didn't know THAT was a thing, either! He had been sneezing lately, and he never sneezed before, and he likes to lie very close to me in bed so he's sneezing on me, too. And then I wake up the other day with a mild cold and I wondered if I can catch from him? I suppose germs are equal opportunistic little things... Hmm.
(3)

Ali,
So good to hear your cats have bonded with you.

I was not aware they needed baths in their old age.
(3)

No better toy than a wide blue celery rubber band! Toilet paper rolls were getting old. LOL!
(2)

I gave my cat, Polka Dot a bath one day and I came out of the shower a bloody mess with scratches all over, so be careful Ali, they hate to get wet.
(4)

Old Man Cat came back from his visit much cleaner than before, and other mom told me she gave him a bath. I like it. The younger Girly Cat does a great job of keeping herself clean but Old Man gets grimy. He needs some assistance. I can brush him with the rubber-nub grooming gloves but he's going to need a bath-bath from time to time.

I'm looking up online some ways to do it. He's going to be very (VERY) unhappy with me if I try to bathe him but he needs to stay cleaner. I noticed he's not scratching himself as much now that he's been cleaned up. This is better for him.
(1)

I don't care what anyone says, my cats are in love with me and their home here. I'm not JUST the cat food provider, I'm their first choice of cat food providers. My evidence:

They've been staying with their previous family for a week while I was out of town. They came back tonight. As the previous mom dropped them off she said something about... 'thinking the two cats were upset because they thought they were going back home for good.' Au contraire, I say. Old Man Cat was all over me and purring... and he doesn't purr all that much. He was kneading, even. He was clearly content to be around me and glad to be here.

Both kitties are in bed with me, it's midnight 2019 just now so there are fireworks... and my kitties know I have it handled so they are hanging tough through the scary noises. Here I sit with my little family of cats... who are very happy to be here and love me a lot... for a cat. lol

Happy New Year, best wishes for a cat-fabulous 2019.
(9)

Tweety cannot find his cage in the dark. It is dark now, he is perching on the ceiling fan. Naughty birdee!

Where would I even spank his little tush? I could never!
(5)

Uhm, maybe if you try turning off the lights Tweety will know it's bedtime?
(3)

Tweety was naughty last night, not wanting to go to bed at 9 p.m.
Bird care videos suggest do not force the bird to do something, don't chase it around, speak gently,
It needs 12 hours sleep, etc.
Keep in mind he still won't get on my finger, but if I call him he will play peek-a-boo and fly by my head.

The little tyrant! His bedtime has changed from 4:30 to 7:30 to 9:00.
(2)

The cat catapulted the idea, and went back to sleep ;P
(0)

Lol FF!
I wasn't wondering because I was here last night and saw it all happening....
somewhere, on another post, there is "troll" still showing after dr robert was deleted.

Did your cat qualify for the loan?
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter