Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Is he too hot, Lucky? At the risk of making yourself unpopular, you could try wetting a sponge, squeezing it out very firmly, then damping him down all over. (You might want to pop a good stout pair of gloves on first)
(3)

Poor old Odom. He should have his thyroid checked?

The search for just the right amount of food is still on for my 8 lb. 11 mo. old cat.
This is more complicated than I thought. Wanted to feed her kibbies, plus canned food.
She acts hungry. Very talkative. Has taken over the house, and now the bed too. We need her permission to walk down the hallway as she gets in and around our feet.
This is only day 4! She thinks she can use her claws on me! No! No! No!
CM, I can hear you laughing!
(2)

Odom came out Gershun,so I guess he heard you but I'm sure NOT sleeping with him or letting him sleep with me tonight! He stinks. But yeah,his litter box is certainly clean.
For a while Iv'e thought Odom was getting Cat Dementia.He just hasn't been himself.
He's gonna have to go to the vet and be checked out.
Thanks for gettn' him out Gershun~
(2)

Lucky, is Odom having problems pooping maybe. Can you see if he's pooped or peed when he goes in there? Do you keep the litter boxes really clean cause cats are picky about that.

Odom, come here Odom............get out of the poop box..............ODOM! COME HERE!

Did he hear me you think?
(1)

My old boy cat,Odom is laying in his litter box and doesn't want to come out and has done this now 3 days in a row.I wonder why,what he's trying to tell me.I take him out of the box,but he just gets right back in.It's SO gross!
(2)

Ha! So the Evil Villain Finger is dead, dead, dead! Victory! All Hail Kitty the Conqueror!

Don't suppose you've got any pompoms for her to kill instead..?
(2)

Worried that I will n e v e r. be able to use my middle finger again.

Very funny, CM!  We were playing, and she won.
You are not your mother!  Someone even wrote a book about it, so it must be true, Lol?

Gershun....flowers, plants....No problem. He don't send me flowers a n y m o r e .

That is why I now have k I t t y .
(3)

Send, thank you for proving that I am not really turning into my mother.

My mother would have clutched "poor" Kitty to her, glared at you, and demanded to know what you had done to upset her.

Me? Naughty Kitty! Look sorry!
(2)

Ow.
Kitty got my middle finger, deep, blood is leaking out.
(2)

Lilies are the main suspects, I believe, Gershun? Bouquets always arrive with a little warning label saying "Pollen may stain. Toxic to cats."

I have to say, though. In fifty years of almost continuous cat ownership, and God knows some of our darlings were a bit intellectually challenged to put it politely, I have never yet met a cat who was thick enough to go and stick its face into a bunch of lilies. Or chomp down any mushrooms, come to that.

Cats are pretty good at knowing what's good for them. Rest easy.
(5)

Maybe, that's a new thread waiting to happen? Love letters to our pets.

Send, keep raisins and mushrooms away from your cat too. In fact, there is a whole list of flowers online that should be avoided too. I know poinsettias are one of the plants on the list. Not sure of the others.

My kitties have their sweet unique ways too. My one cat is so happy to see me in the morning that when I'm sitting on the toilet he puts his front paws on my lap and rubs my cheek with his. Such a darling.
(3)

I think I just posted a Love Letter to my cats, lol. They're such boogers and I'm so glad to have them.
(6)

Beetle kill pine litter? I will look it up.

I don't know what to think about these kitty monsters that live in my house right now! ("Monsters" said with great love.) One of them, and I don't know which one, regularly poops outside litter box. The box is clean, the kitties have shared a home for 10+ years, why does one suddenly fancy to poop outside the box? I worry that I have an incontinent cat, the older one. This is fine with me... I don't care - much - about cleaning up the incidents that are happening all the time. It's easy enough to pick up after him (them?).

Just...

Well...

It doesn't even matter because they've both won me over, the little brats. We've established some precious routines that I wouldn't do without, like how Divo comes in to the bathroom to get his pets, how Delilah jumps onto the bed to get hers, how Divo will tell me there needs to be more wet food put down NOW, how Delilah is hidden somewhere, off in her independence all day, but when she's ready for cuddles then she doesn't stop with her insistence for them and she grabs my hand between her front paws to get her pets . 

Do I sound like a gal in love with my cats? I think I am. They're such brats but such good company. They're great. I think we're right around the 6 week mark...? Not sure. They're so messy and big PITA but... I'm their human slave now. Hahah. :-)

Whatever did I do without them to look after?????????? They're huge brats but I like them so much.
(4)

My friend came by and said that my kittens had turned into full grown cats.They will always be kittens in my eyes,even though they are bigger than the Mother now and a lot fatter too.
(5)

I use a beetle kill pine litter, just a slight pine scent. Works well.
(4)

Page 99
Page 100

FF. I know you like to turn the page and make it 100.

That was a fun game.  But it was a coincidence.

Happy one year anniversary to the very fine posters on the Caregiver's Cats Behaving Badly.!
(3)

Lol, Lol....UNSCENTED is our choice.

Auto-correction has gone blooey!
(1)

The light weight litter is a novelty.
But dH and I both never wear perfumes, undocumented is our choice.

Will need to look up when the stitches come out, and if we return to the county animal control for that, or use the free vet visit certificate. Timing would be everything, or it is not free. Spaying surgery was Friday.
(3)

Regarding litter boxes, one for each cat plus a spare..... no waiting :))

Most cats don't like the scented litter. Mine would think outside of the box any time I tried to switch over.

Wish I could find a clumping cat litter that doesn't stick and hardens on the cat's nails.
(1)

Glad....When we were kids,as a prank,we'd put poop in a brown paper bag.light it on fire and ring the doorbell hoping the person would come out and stomp on it getting poop all over their foot,but it never worked that way.The fire would go out and just a bag of poop would be there.
Send.....We have 1 of the cat litter "sifter trays".They are the best,but expensive to buy when you need 3or 4.We'll get 3 or 4 in time though.They say you're supposed to have 1 litter box per cat,,so really I'd need 5 though.
(3)

My boy also like potato chips [its the salt], and anything that smells good on our plate. Right now he isn't all that interested in having wet food. He use to eat together with his sister until she passed a few months ago at 17yrs. I think he liked that food because she did. Now it is just dry food.

Oh, never give a cat chocolate, it will make them quite sick. And no milk. Milk is only for kittens and it would need to be Lactaid milk or milk one can buy at a pet food store.

I keep dry food out all day as cats like to graze. Lot of water around the house. I never use plastic bowls (plastic chemicals can ooze into the food), I use the Corelle type of bowls, so easy to clean.

My two cat use to drink water from the tap, but with all the rain we have had, the water service has added more chlorine to the water and the cats don't like that. Yep, we are now using bottled water. Not the jugs, as the jugs tend to have a plastic taste. The 16 oz bottles, instead.

My newest cat, Rosie [adopted her at 12 yrs old, still adjusting], like to have her bedding changed daily, but that isn't happening. Every other day I will refold her blanket to a clean side. She sheds a lot due to her breed.
(1)

I have placed dog poop in a paper bag and left it on the front porch of a neighbor. Why? Each time they walked their dog they would cross the street, chose my rural mailbox as the dumping ground and never cleaned it up! How did I know? Snow made it perfectly obvious and seeming it. This cured the problem. 😈
(4)

Cats would not do that. However, I have known some nasty neighbors to put animal waste on my driveway.

Speaking of waste.  Very happy with the "sifter" cat litter tray, and it was the budget minded choice.  Had I known, maybe I would have had many more cats, like Luckylu!
(1)

Are you sure it is cats MsM, don't they usually bury their waste? It sounds like something raccoons would do though... do you have those there?
(3)

Maybe a dab or two of coyote urine? (yes, you really can buy this from amazon). And treat the areas they use with nature's miracle or bleach so they don't get drawn back by the scent.
(0)

My mother swore by geraniums, said cats don’t like smell.
(1)

Is there any deterrent to keep feral cats from using the patio as their potty?
(0)

Oh Send. She saw you coming, didn't she?

Forgive you doesn't come into it. Cat is confident that you will learn.

She seems to be focused on training DH first. You are satisfactory (for a beginner) and Advanced Cat Care can wait. All in good time.
(3)

Cat is not allowed on the table or kitchen counters, right?

I said no, she did not do it, but will she forgive me for saying no?

This morning she is following dH around, they have already become fast friends.  She doesn't know that he will never feed her, and wants me to take her kibble away.

Setting out the kibble, measured, seems ok to me.  She is thin.
(1)

No people food allowed for my kitty, one year old. But cat treats, and maybe watermelons and cat grass.
Having some trouble getting the house "pet-safe".
Sheesh, it is not even safe for me to walk down the hallway, as dH puts stuff there the minute I turn around. I thought I could do it, but he is resisting helping for some reason, and has scheduled two appointments for tomorrow, plus work.

The coolest place is in the bathroom, less than 70 degrees F.  Ok then.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter