Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Gee, thanks Veronica. Is that expensive?
Do I buy it by the weight?
Thank goodness hubs has lost weight to only 139 lbs. from 155 lbs.
Another worry.
(1)

I think you can buy wolf poop and that keeps everything away. Might work on husbands too!!!
(4)

Can't believe I said that.  Well, the cats, dogs, squirrels all do it that way.
Guess I am needing more professional squirrel advice.

That too is a good idea, since dH NEVER comes out of the bathroom!

Wait up....he's not in there now, and I must go.

(1)

What! No... did I just read that now you're the one who is going to have to pee outside?
(4)

Before I answer Lucky, I checked which thread I am on.
Do not want to encourage dH to pee outside-he will start doing it all the time, thinking it is ok or expected.
That was a good idea though, doing it directly from the source.  Does anyone think it will discourage the squirrel ?

Guess this is just one more thing that I will have to do myself. humpf.
(3)

When I acquired my 15 year old cat, caregiving was the last thing on my mind. I live in the area that caught the worst of Hurricane Katrina. This cat of my heart belonged to my daughter originally. After Hurricane Ivan the cat had run away. (The summers of 2004-2005 were the worst weather in recent memory!)
The cat was gone 13 months and then he reappeared. We were living in the yard, no electricity, no water, no flushing toilets, nothing but misery. Little did I know this cat would become my darling.

When my mother talks to me on the telephone this cat has a tizzy. He hates the sound of my mom’s voice. He likes my MIL.

But the elderly crippled up person he knows best is ME. I’ve been disabled since 2013 and looks like it’s only going to get worse. This cat lays next to me and sleeps, he’s gentle around my lower back. So his dance card is filled, he did fall for me and still loves my daughter but I’m his favorite!

When my DH and I watch Netflix the cat hangs out with us. His preferred shows are ‘Mad Men’ and ‘Borgias’.

Yes I’m one of those cat people who understands why the Egyptians mummified their cats!!!
(3)

Boy Send,Your'e a professional squirrel pee cleaner and I never knew.Maybe you could make some good money this way,going around your neighborhood offering your service.....
And can't your dH just pee on things,so you don't have to collect it and you just direct him on what and when?
(3)

Luckylu,
Being careful, wearing gloves, disinfectant bottle of cleaner sprayed before wiping up the urine, discarding in plastic bag immediately, removing table from porch, it was already destined for the trash. Yes, I am sure it was the squirrel!

Since this behavior is territorial marking, should I start collecting hub' s urine?  EEEEWWWWW, gross, I know.  Lol.
(4)

Once owned a chocolate brown-spotted Dalmation with fear aggression.  She came that way from the humane society, and I was required to take a strenuous difficult dog class to qualify for the privilege of owning her, being 7th on the prospective doggy parent's list.
Taking her to the vets, she attacked the ceramic Dalmation statue at the front door entrance, breaking it.  When I met my hubs, he started helping me walk her.  She had pulled me over and I fell,  later, two Rottweiler dogs jumped out a car window to attack her.  

Thanks for the advice on doggy diapers for the squirrel. Very fun, thinking about it.
Projecting down that road of reality, after the squirrel has attacked my arm and who knows what else, I appear at Urgent Care for the scratches, rips, tears, punctures to my skin, a rabies shot, and leave the overly crowded clinic with what else......But the F L U !!!!

I sincerely love all you brats!
(4)

FF, I had a Siamese some years ago who would swat a resin cat statue I had in the backyard. It was very funny!

Buster is trying to dig under the fence to our next door neighbors yard. They have 2 dogs. I’m wondering if one is female and in heat or if he wants to play. We put metal stakes in the spot hoping that stops it.
(3)

Chloe is doing so much better now that Bella has gone back to daughters! She is going outside and on her pad more often. I think having the mean dog..lol gone is helping. We may get through this alive!!
(4)

Amazon carries doggie diapers
Just order xtra xtra tiny
(2)

We should call Petsmart and see if they have 'em and how much they are for Send,MsMadge~
(4)

Time for squirrel diapers
(5)

R i t a t o u i l l e, the visiting squirrel, is peeing on our porch furniture. Have tried moving her feeding station to the back yard, where dH scares her all the time, as he is hanging out in his shed noisily.
Sad.
(3)

I have this toy stuffed Mountain Dog, about the size of a medium size teddy bear. The toy dog sits on a small chair in my office.

Well, for some reason my newly adopted cat Rosie [12 years old] decided the toy dog should be face down on the floor each and every day. I haven't seen her do this, but I can just imagine her giving that toy a huge whack sending him flying :P

Bet she feels good afterwards :)
(7)

Pam, so sorry and such a sad event for all involved. It was very nice of the family to show responsibility for their dogs.
(3)

Veronica most of cats were "arrivals'.. in fact our current indoor/outdoor just came on in one night when hubs opened the door to the house. Hubs yelled up to me "you won't believe what just came in the house" I yelled "put back out whatever it is".. Nope never happened and we have had Merlin for about 10 years now. He was this pathetic kitten, and we are about 1/2 mile from the road. So now we are down to him, and a very fat black cat ( we had him fixed) who also arrived young, but was too wild to let in the house. Ebony has a pretty cushy life in the garage.. hopefully no more lose dog events.
(3)

Pam thats such an awful thing to happen. One of our farm cats simply disappeared years ago. Another cat we think commited suicide. he was brought into the clinic at the Vet school at cornell where my daughter and her soon to be now ex husabnd were students. he was very badly injured froma aroad accident and the professors thought it a good idea for the students to pracice their surgical skills on him .They were actually very successful using bits and pieces lying around and he recovered but looked as though he had a mechanical leg. The kids brought him to the farm for me to take care of. He was not allowed outside but escaped and was recaptured. Next time he was not so lucky we found him on our quite country road dead having been hit by another car.
i cannily think he deliberately ran into the road. Our catpopualtion varied a lot during those days with only the first kitten being adopted by us. The otheres just wandered in.
(2)

Oh Pam, how dreadful. I'm sorry that I didn't see your post before.

Just awful for everybody involved. Even right down to the now single Great Dane.

Poor pusscat. I sort of hope they pretty much got her before she properly woke up. Sort of.
(2)

Hydrotherapy for cats. I'd get myself some metal workers gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vet techs and the SPCA seem to be able to manage it.
(3)

Ohmygod! I was just checking FAQ's on hydrotherapy for my Staffie (searching for: "what if my dog thinks water is the work of Satan?") and came across THIS...

Can cats have hydrotherapy?

Yes. It is not as common but with some cats it is possible.
(2)

In happy news, I am going to attempt spending the weekend in my own home, first time in 7 months! (I've had it subletted while I've been staying with mom, but my friend just took a job up north and cleared out on the 15th.) And I'm taking Bruce and Carmella with me for the weekend!

I know Carmella is going to be soooo glad to see our old home. And Bruce has only ever seen it once, for a couple of hours when we visited my friend. I'm so excited for him to get to know where we REALLY live! Mom's place has NO nature views at all, and it's 6 floors up. I live on the river, on the 2nd floor....I'm so excited for him to see all the wildlife we get there! My windows are, like, the best television ever for housecats, lol!
(2)

Thank you all so much.
(2)

Oh Pam, how awful. Poor baby :( Being she was feral, you were wonderful to have taken her in and given her a good home so that she would live to be 15 years old instead of only 2 or 3 if she was left out in the wilds.
(2)

So sorry, Pamz. It's always hard to lose a pet. I hope your cat didn't suffer. It's good that the dog is getting another chance but I hope the aggressive behaviors go away.
(1)

Oh no, Pam! That sounds like an awful situation! I'm so sorry for your loss!
(1)

It sounds like Bruce is going to a large cat. Big or small
I love them all. My Charlie cat will not leave a collar on.
Matter of fact he would take them off of the other cats
too.
(2)

I could not post this a few days ago as it was too harsh,, but here goes. Hubs opened the garage door a few days ago to find a St Bernard and Great Dane sitting outside.. seemed friendly,, and we live in the sticks so he just mostly shut the door and figured they go on their merry way. Nope,, they somehow got into our garage, and killed our elderly deaf mostly feral but loving maine coon. Dug her bed out, and seeminly "played with her". Hubs called the neighbor when he found this so they could get their small dog in, and called animal control, and took our cats remains to the vet for creamation. Animal control found the owners ( they had reported the dogs as missing) who said their new electric fence had failed. Here is the even sort of feel even badder part... The owners are very nice and very upset. THey came over tonight and paid us for the creamation, and gave us gift certificates for a dinner and for Lowes. And they are rehoming the St Bernard as it was the aggressive one ( we have pictures of the dogs on our property on our game camera) Oh boy,, there are still some decent people out there. And we feel bad that we lost a beloved pet ( had FArrah for 15 years as an outdoor feral who we vetted and cared for and homed in our garage) and now they are losing a dog they had for 5 years and rescued. It's a no win situation all the way.. but hopefully the St Bernard will be in a more controlled envirement. THey did mention it had killed one of their cats also.
(2)

If I had the start up money, I think I would open a senior's residence and cat shelter/foster. It would be so good for the residents to have the animals around, and good for the cats to stay socialized, especially if they are being adopted out. Maybe a place where seniors can bring their cats, too, and not have to be separated from them. And then I'd have someplace to go when it's my time, lol.

Be nice if there was a place for dog owners and their dogs, too, come to think of it.  Dogs are much better at sharing territory than cats!

Edit:  there's a biggish lot for sale behind my mom's building, apparently already zoned for apartment residences and some commercial space.  It would be the perfect location.  Too bad they are asking TWELVE MILLION DOLLARS!  Which is ridiculous.  You can still buy a house in this neighbourhood for 260,000.  What do I know about commercial property, though.  I guess it must be all about the zoning?

Bruce got microchipped and tattooed when he had all the other stuff done a couple of weeks ago.....even though he only goes out with me, on a harness. It's all part of my long term vision to be that weird lady who travels with her cat. Oh, and he got his hernia stitches out today and they said everything looks good. :-) 

I had to buy him a bigger harness today! He's only 5 months old....but when he had his procedures, they weighed him at 8.5 lbs already! I think he's going to be a monster-sized cat.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter