Follow
Read More
LoL! Didn’t think of that! Maybe that was the woman’s plan the whole time!
(4)

Yes Lizzy, The woman and the kitty did behave badly But,I think it was kind of a good idea for the woman to get stuck too,because where I live,the fire department won't come anymore to get a cat out of a tree but because there was a woman stuck too,they came.
(3)

There was an article in our local newspaper this morning.

A 27 yr old woman’s pregnant cat was in her tree. Woman got a stool and climbed tree to get her poor kitty.

Now woman and kitty are stuck in Tree. Fire Dept had to rescue both woman and kitty!

Woman and kitty were 12 feet up in tree!!!

Yikes! Woman and kitty behaving badly!
(5)

Dorianne, I had a cat that through snow was one very large litter box :P

Another cat whenever we got a foot of snow would plow underneath the snow to get to the backyard bird-feeder.... what was hysterical was she would first get under the woven outside door mat and use that as camouflage. We would see that mat traveling the yard, couldn't see the cat :P
(2)

FF - oh no, how sad and awful!

I think whomever Bruce's dad was he must have been big. Bruce is only a little over 4 months and he's HUGE. He seems to grow right in front of your eyes!  His mom has a stocky build, but is average size (and also a tortie). 

He touched his first snow today! I took him with me to massage therapy and let him check out the snow after the appt. (He's otherwise and indoor cat.) He thought it was weird, and then he started eating it! It looked like he had a sudden revelation that snow is just frozen water, lol. He didn't really want to be out there, though, so we didn't check it out for long.
(1)

Dorianne, as mentioned my wild child Charlie is Bombay and his litter mate sister was a Maine Coon mix... go figure. It's my understand each time a cat mates, that creates one kitten for each cat the female mated with, up to a limit.

Anywho, we think we saw Charlie's dad, an unfixed Black Bombay. As for the Maine Coon, a neighbor on the next street came over to chat, apparently his purebred Maine Coon male show-cat escaped one day... oops. The little guy was busy. We had no idea that the kitten we had would be a Maine Coon as she didn't show her breed until she was 2 years old. It was amazing watching her develop month after month with something different.

What is really sad, the mother cat, who was a stray, a beautiful tall white with black markings passed on after 5 weeks of having the kittens. When we saw her and one of her kittens in distress we rushed them to the Vet. Well, this was Texas where rat poison is popular to use to control the rats. Well, mother cat was trying to feed her young and teach them to hunt, not knowing this one rat she caught had eaten some poison... [sigh].
(1)

Maybe his brother or a cousin Lucky!
(2)

Was it Willis?
(1)

A good friend has an outdoor cat, she confided the other day that her kitty is an avid hunter and his prey of choice is squirrels. Last week he brought home one of the town mascots... oops! (shh, don't tell anyone lol)
(3)

Gosh, I don't know if Bruce has Bombay in him....it says "father unknown" on his birth certificate, lol! The other 7 kittens in the litter were either creamy white or orange tabbies....he was the odd cat out, so they might not all even have the same father! (I've heard such things are possible with cats.)

I think the water thing is pretty funny, to be honest. He IS getting a tiny, tiny bit better, and he is still super lovey and cuddly when he wants to be.  Maybe it's a phase.  Or....

I wonder if he is in pain from his hernia? That might be a cause of the fighty-bitey. He is getting that dealt with January 4, same day he gets fixed. Either way, I'll talk to the vet about the fighty-bitey problem and see what he says.
(0)

Dorianne, if your cat is a Black Bombay or has any Bombay in him, he will like water. My Bombay, 17 going on 2, likes going out in the rain.... it could be because I dry him off when he comes in as quickly as I can otherwise he tries to shake the water off like a dog would. He even lets me dry off his feet. Then 10 minutes later, he's back out the door into the rain.... rinse and repeat :P
(1)

Puppy dentures!! I have noticed if I have hand cream on she licks... At this point I pick her and a toy up at the same time.. she loves to be on our laps..
(1)

Doriannie try the compressed air cans next. Probably won't work either given his personality.
Pam try putting ointment on your hands with a strong smell she does not like and that may deter her. Vicks comes to mind but I have never had to deal with that problem. Either that or have her teeth extracted and buy false ones!!!!!!
(1)

Chloe is teething, she is a land shark.My hands are covered in tiny bites and I have puppy hickeys!! We are trying to redirect her to her toys.. but my goodness! She was much better behaved the past two days while Bella was here ( 5 lb 9 yo Chihuahua) but then Bella takes no crap!!
(2)

So...update on the water bottle squirting: Bruce thinks it's hilarious. He actually opens his mouth for a squirt! So much for that, lol.

I think it's might just be his "kill" drive. The last kitten I had (years and years ago) was soooo chill with people...but he probably had a thousand "kills" under his belt by this age, from attacking moths and spiders and other bugs. Up here in mom's apartment, there aren't any kind of bugs, ever. Bruce has become dissatisfied with "killing" toys.
(3)

CHRISTMAS FOR ALLEY CAT
BY SUSAN BECK

THE STORY OF THE ALLEY CAT

FROM THE BEGINNING, NOT THE END,
IS SAD BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE LIVES HIS LIFE
IT LEFT HIM WITHOUT A FRIEND
WHEN HE WAS JUST A KITTY
HIS MOTHER WAS ILL AND DIED
HE LIVED IN DIRTY BOXES
THE ALLEY WAS HIS LIFE

HE LIVED AROUND THE GARBAGE CANS
AND PEOPLE PASSED HIM BY
THE YEARS GREW LONG
WITH NO ONE TO LOVE,
THE ALLEY CAT WAS CRYING INSIDE
MANY SNOWS HAD COME AND GONE
YET, STILL HE SURVIVED

A SCAVENGER FOR FOOD HE BECAME
ON THE STREET YOU FIGHT TO LIVE OR DIE
ON CHRISTMAS EVE
WHEN HE WAS TEN
THE FISH STORE OWNER INVITED HIM IN

SO MANY YEARS YOU LIVED BEHIND MY STORE
I DON’T KNOW WHY
I NEVER OPENED UP MY DOOR
WITH CANDLES LIT
THE SNOW DID FALL
THE FIREPLACE WAS LIT
THE ALLEY CAT FELL ASLEEP
CURLED UP IN A BALL
HE LAID BY THE WARMTH OF THE FIRE’S GLOW
IT FELT SO GOOD
HE LOVED IT SO
HE WAS GIVEN FOOD EVERY DAY
A WARM BED
A PLACE TO STAY
HE FELT THE HANDS
OF A LOVING OWNER
WHO TOOK CARE OF HIM
UNTIL HIS LIFE WAS OVER

MERRY CHRISTMAS,

ALLEY CAT!

THE END
(5)

Gershun, I'm wishing and hoping for a good outcome for Henrick. Sounds like you got him to the vet early enough to address the condition.

Pam, is Chloe a kitten?
(1)

Dorianne, ah, a kitten's first Christmas Tree.... a really big toy just for him :)

I remember my first kitten 65 years ago, there at the top of the tree was this orange kitten with really big eyes.  Oh boy, a real tree in the house, there is a Santa !!  My parents had a heck of a time trying to keep her out of the tree and from drinking the water in the tree base.

Also learned quickly, do not add tinsel to the tree. A cat will eat it, and the results were quite interesting in the litter box. Safer not to experiment with tinsel at all as it can be harmful.

Then I learned to put soft decorations around the lower part of the tree, so if those were batted off, and flung under the sofa, no harm done. Or finding a decoration in the dry cat food as a "thank you".
(3)

A kitty prayer for Henrick. What is interesting is that Henrick is doing all things cat, so he must be doing fine. I know those blood tests can be scary for us fur baby owners. Hopefully next month the blood test will be normal.
(2)

Oh poor Henrick! I hope he is doing better.

I am just popping in and out to say hi - back later. Company coming over, so it's a cleaning day. Taking a quick sit down break while robovac does its thing.

I finally dragged mom's Christmas tree out yesterday. It's Bruce's first Christmas tree. He thinks it's a fruit-producing tree.....if that fruit were lovely, shiny, jingly little cat toys!! He keeps stealing the decorations! I don't know what I'm going to do about this....maybe I'll have to hot glue them on, or wire them to the branches....
(2)

A prayer for Henrick. How is he?
(1)

Henrick
(2)

Prayers for Henrick!
Chloe is doing great with her pad training! Almost no accidents this week, and she is doing her business outside when we walk her. Yippee!! However, she is a total land shark with the teething! We have found she really can't have stuffed toys. she is demolishing them and then she poops with an occasional string..boo! So I need to get a few of the stuffingless toys they make
(2)

Please, everyone pray for my cat Henrick. He has had two blood checks done now where his white blood cell count is abnormal. So, we are on the wait and watch list now. I have to go back and have it checked again in a month. He seems fine now. Playing, eating and drinking, pooing and peeing properly so everything could be fine. He may just have naturally low neutrophils or whatever they are called. But, please still pray for him.
(3)

GA, I don't have a pet currently, either, but agree this is a fun thread to Follow.
(1)

Big dogs: My older bro has a mixed Great Pyrenees. I had to look up the name just now lol. I'm thinking to myself "I know it has "BIG" in the name." :-) And it is one big ol' doggy.  I know it was 150 lbs before it was a year old. !!  Dog is a big scaredy cat and I was house/dog sitting once during rain storm. I know many animals get scared, and this dog does, too. I gave him a few of the special medicated calming treats, put his Thunder Shirt on him, and talked reassuringly to him. He wouldn't leave the room I was in, stood in the corner facing the corner, like a child doing a "time out" punishment during the storm. Funniest thing. Such a big dog but so timid! He has these expressive eyes that tell every single emotion lol. I didn't know dogs had a full range of emotions but this one does. Everything from defiance to pride to very, very, very sheepish and apologetic. lol

I want a pet!! Someday soon I'll get one, but not just yet.

Sharyn, that sounds so holiday-perfect to watch that movie with the puppy at your side. Sounds nice.
(2)

Stretched out on the couch with hubs to watch White Christmas (Bing Crosby/Danny Kay). Buster jumped on board laying on my side. I was asleep by the end of the sister scene.
(4)

Just a quick fly-by to say hi (it's 1:45 am here). Finishing mom's laundry and then off to bed.

Wanted to let you know I think the squirt bottle might be working! I tried it this afternoon and Bruce was all puzzled, like, "WTF just happened?" Then he licked all the water off himself and settled down on my leg to fall asleep. Lol! So I went out to the dollar store and bought one for every room. :-P
(2)

Dorianne, an Akita and St. Bernard are an interesting combination. I've only pet a few Akitas, proud and strong, like soldiers, but magnificent. Love those St. Bernards though; they're just so cuddly.

Did you ever see the heartwarming movie of Hachiko, a very devoted Akita who mourned his owner for several years after the man died? It's also quite sad though; if you watch the movie, put a box of Kleenex next to you.

As to Bruce, try the water bottle suggested by Veronica. My sister had to use it with some of her dogs, all of which were rescue dogs, including her wonderfully charming Chow Chow. But it was the smaller Chihuahua who needed it the most. Poor little thing had been abused by his former owner who kept him in a closet.

CM, I admire your tenacity; I don't think I've venture into a chicken to chicken fight. Got quite a chuckle from the idea of pulling a dog along like a sled!

FF, I can picture your cat wanting attention all his life, playing the proud male for 2 females, "strutting his stuff". Isn't it fascinating how animals and humans have some of the same traits?
(4)

Dorianne, I would tell people my cat was 17 going on 2.... seemed like he never grew up... he was in constant "watch me, Mom" mode. It was even worst since he was always showing off to the two female cats we had.

When they were all in kitten stage, there was a lot of play fighting going on with each other. It's practice in case the kitten find his/herself outside.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter