Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
My whine moment today is that I disturbed a wasp nest last night and my hand got badly stung and to day it is swollen and itching like crazy
(2)

ouch Veronica. We had a little nest right inside our front door (between the exterior door and the main door....we don't use that one much hence the nest...they hurt like heck...hope you're not allergic to them...
(0)

Gosh V thats nasty put your hand in a bucket of ice? Wasp stings are bad sat on one once at my 14th birthday party, great birthday bum cheek swelled up like a balloon!
(1)

Florida sounds lovely i would like to see it one day i like the colourful buildings! Yes JB mum always wear your best knickers in case you end up in hospital?? i ended up in hospital 4 times in the last 4 years and i didnt have ANY on!!! Was in my pjs each time!
(0)

Veronica, I heard apply slices of onions will draw the stinger and poison out. I use the wasp spray. I spray like h*ll and RUN!! Nasty buggers.

Florida is lovely and loads to do there.... besides having my son and great friends there :)))

Hope, how's the new hospice carer doing? I'm starting the search for one today, not hospice but someone to come in and have fun with mom and clean her area....

Now...the whine.. Awful day yesterday, and I mean AWFUL. She was all over the place, physically and mentally. Up at 4:00 a.m. wandering, moving things, strewing things all over the house.... up again at 7:00 with THREE care packages over the house???? What the hell happened within 24 hours? She's had a GREAT week and whamo.... I've been gagging all morning.... headache and eyes are stinging. She's halfway back to "her" normal state.
(0)

Mom's shoulder is still hurting today from the PT guy's over the top PT session on Saturday. I got there today as she was getting a heat pack and brought the head of rehab into the discussion. It was great timing as Mom was able to explain what had occurred. I was not pleased to hear he was a temp and probably gave her file a "cursory" review. Shoddy. But now Mom knows she can refuse to push if she's done, and they know we're watching this.
(2)

Just "groundhog day".
(0)

I really hate passive aggressive behavior and the whiny complaining and the little laughs that go with it. Grrrr. Some people grow old without growing up first.
(3)

jesse we have the same mother!! after 3 attempts to find a dvd that she likes??? i finally have some peace ive put on "from here to eternity" pardon the pun! but shes glued to it! she is getting more and more agitated when there is nothing good on tv kicking her feet now is new so now after a few hours shes content with this movie?
Yep mums been passive/aggressive all her life am so drained now want to go back to spain and sit at that pool!!
(1)

JeanetteB...so far very good. I think I went through a little separation anxiety of all things as I had been used to the CNA and the Nurse...BUT, I love the new folks....they really are on top of things. For the first time EVER I am working with them re the respite care for Mama ..this will allow me time to go and get my belongings from my home over two hours away. Not much of a break for me, as I will be busy busy, but busy at something different...also I should have a day or so just to be on my own and get a deep breath...I have dreaded respite but I think the way they are handling all of the details I may get used to it.. :)
(2)

Owwww, Veronica - hope it's settling down? How do you get on with antihistamines? - if they don't knock you out too badly would they be worth a try? Wish you better - one of the little sods came up and stung me on the lip when I was weeding last year (so much for they only attack if you start it!) and I can still feel it. Little brutes.
(0)

wellll, hellbound .
haveta go get my teeth cleaned today . i guess thats why i worked sat and sun , to cover the lost workday . gotta trade up one of my chainsaws . its new but lacking the horsepower i need . gonna get skint on this deal .. takes a long time to make up a loss cutting wood for 10 bucks an hour ..
(0)

Made the effort to let the social worker come out yesterday as I want to work with these folks so Mama gets the full benefit of Hospice. Sitting here talking with her, NOT complaining, NOT blaming anyone else for ANY of the issues that go along with the territory and out of the blue she starts telling me I might want to sell Mamas furniture in an estate sale (to make way for my belongings) that I might want to find homes for my cats , etc. etc.... I have decided that she MIGHT want to not worry about coming back. It is so strange to me that a social worker would engage herself in my personal business when I had said nothing about needing money, space, etc. and in fact had already told her I was doing great, losing my house was not an issue any more to me, etc.....it seems like some folks can't stand it if they think you are actually OK with circumstances....Go figure.... My heavens...If I can accept it...why on earth would other folks whom it is not affecting want to start up mess over it....
(2)

Big f-ing whine! It has been exactly 2 months to the day that any of my 4 siblings have seen my mother! F-ing ingrates!
(2)

Well today was the first time I noticed that my Mom [96] was confused.... oh my gosh, and here I was hoping she would remain sharp until the end of time.

I believe part of the confusion was that Dad was in the hospital overnight last week because of a fall and now he needs physical therapy at their home, thus strangers in the house, and plus my Mom's hearing has become much worse even with her using an updated hearing aid. Plus she can barely see. OMG why on earth are they both still living in their single family 3-story home !!!!

This morning I was telling Mom I made an appt with their primary doctor to see her and Dad.... Mom doesn't want to go because she can't hear, thinking the appt was only for Dad's fall.... once again I mentioned it's her and Dad's semi-annual physical.... she still either didn't understand or couldn't hear me.

Then she was worried about their car, the battery keeps dying... my significant other and I have it all worked out on how to get the car to the mechanic next week... told her don't worry about it.... we can use another car to get her and Dad to the doctor appt.

Mom did perk up when I said I will get her grocery list this afternoon.... then she was acting like the old Mom I knew.
(1)

Oh Sallie i know its tough but let them go fc.k them! Its been 3wks since my sis was home and only one phonecall since? i could actually have buried mum by now and they wouldnt know?

FF good on your mom 96 bless her gosh if my hearing only starts to go at this age ill be happy!! mums hearing went 3yrs ago and its getting worse and shes only 77?
(1)

My BIG whine!! ( i know not like me to whine!!!!) LOL

Today i thought was going to be a good day? sun was out (and its payday) so before i went shopping i put on a big WHITE wash of my clothes ( i do not mix mums clothes with mine but why bother?) came home and went to take in my nice CLEAN clothes at first i thought those bloody birds BUT NO! there was poo all over them yeh mum must have had poo on her hand and touched them sorry to be so graphic but i feel sick! I know gross! i could see the evidence as her pjs were in the sink soaking so she must have had it on her hands and then went and was touching the clothes on the line? LIKE YOU DO WHEN YOURE NUTS!
So mad but i know its not her fault its just so gross! NOW WHAT ask my friend if i can use her clothes line OR get a washing machine and dryer for my bedroom???

Hey lets see if we can go just ONE day without a whine?? then the winner gets a box of chocolates????
(0)

oh well . traded my new saw in for a workhorse of a saw but a slightly used one . it locked up in my hands in 20 minutes . it was just the pullstart recoil mechanism and the shop will repair it for free . still a bit of a kick in the a** . im not whining because i know that anything worth doing sometimes takes multiple tries .
(1)

i dont want no d*mn chocolates kaz . when im bored i like to play with the box the kids came in ..
hey moderators ; over here -- a free-be ..
(2)

Captain give us a smile!! want to see what job the dentist did? got my own teeth looking pearly white 3wks ago and they are back to smoking grey again!! Have to stop smoking!
(0)

cap you NEVER whine!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
(0)

Captain glad you have a saw that works well now for you. hubby has 2 my dad's old one and a another he bought new about 3-4 yrs ago. We should be set on firewood for next couple years just a lot of stacking to do. We bought a lot of land about 10 years ago farmland all rented and the woods were logged last winter so plenty of leftovers from the loggers to keep up busy making firewood this winter.
My whine - my vision my cataract t must be getting larger or whatever they do it's going to be a long month+ before surgery. Also lots of road construction-it's the season for it and no one pays attention to the lower speed limits in construction zones and people drive about 2 inches from my bumper as I drive the limit. It you are in a hurry it's not my problem!
(0)

57twin my brother had a cataract and had this proscedure done he was fine after and has no problems now! I have good eyes as i swear by wearing sunglasses in any sunlight even in winter but a good pair no point in scrimping when it comes to your eyes! i am the only one in family that dosnt have glasses yet? but then maybe its my dads genes he only started wearing glasses in his late 60s!
Blueberries are very good for your eyes a handful a day but they are quiet expensive here but i get them when i can!
(0)

Mums just informed me that shes lost her hearing aid AGAIN! ok dont panic she hasnt been out of the house in 2wks SO they have got to be somewhere RIGHT? yeh deep breaths ill find them pray to St Anthony bet hes sick of me by now!

So stressful theres always some crap to make your day of course if she wore the blood things this woudnt happen but oh no they are in a box or a basket or another bag SOMEWHERE?
Need a drink! If i dont find them A shes going to drive me buggy with the volume on TV. B she has to travel 20 miles to have yet another mould of her ears then the six to nine weeks wait for them to get here but hey they are FREE! and C my brother will disappear until she gets it back again he has zero patience oh but HEY hes in denial!!!! Mums fine bro? this is the 4th one shes lost in 2yrs?
(1)

HA!!!!!!!!!!!! you guys are not going to believe it BUT my bro just rang hes a musician mainly Irish but hes not getting many gigs SO hes only gone and applied for a CARER!!!!!! Go bro! hes a hoot and will be good with old people they were quite impressed from posh boarding school to army then music? i hope he gets some work hes not doing too well with work! they will let him know but from what he says looks good!
I cant stop laughing! i told him NOT to call me anymore if he gets it i really dont want to hear any more about his clients!! STACKED UP HERE!!
(0)

kaz, most people casually vent here . its clear you and i need serious therapy . wed need to forwarn the neighbors and cops that ther'd be yellin and a lot of profanity ..
(1)

Cap speak for yourself! im only 48 and already ive got it sussed im not messed up everyone i know is an a**hole!!!! (present site accepted of course).
(0)

No you cant forget the past and move on until the past dies and leaves you alone! when mum goes im going to start living again 44yrs of crap only to be listened to over and over again!
When i was in therapy for my childhood issues the therapist broke down and asked me to help him!! Healer heal thyself!
Was messed up at 4yrs had it all sussed at 5 and a half yrs just went to therapy for fun then realised these guys are more messed up than me ALLELUIAH im cured!! yep you think you got it bad until you meet some really messed up people!! My ex husband being one!! Like i said there are none so blind as those that will not listen!
(0)

your a fn train wreck kaz . people annoy me too but some of it stems from my own angst . i medicate . just strategically took a tramadol . dont let the ac moderator shift change go down so routinely tonight . i think youll need an extra. kaz and i are going to end up fistfighting . ( spoiler ) she ends up hogtied with her own socks ..
(1)

hahahaha,
i leave my behavioral therapist in tears of laughter . we love each other ..
doc L . my god shes hot ..
she just wrote in my va records that im the most physically and emotionally fit as shes ever known me in 5 yrs . i aint doin that bad for a person who just went thru death by insanity with my mother ..
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter