Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Geaton: Perhaps Discover caught on that your aunt was using a deceased individual's cc, albeit the fact that she's over 100 years old.
(1)

Alva and Riverdale - prayers for good results.

Barb - prayers for successful surgery for dh.

Geaton - how frustrating - on all accounts!!! Age discrimination on that application (drop down menu?). The world is going to have to accept that there are functioning people over 100 yo.

Anti-whine - R is about 2 weeks ahead of the game with his post knee surgery range of motion exercises. Just give him a challenge...
(7)

I just tried to help my 104-year old Aunt apply for a new Discover Card (because the one she was using is in her deceased sister's name)... the online application would NOT accept her birth year of 1919.

So then I called to make an application. Had to do a 3-way call and my Aunt answered the rep's questions like a champ... but her app was declined. Probably her SS income just didn't cut the mustard for Discover.

I know you're probably wondering why she even needs a cc... ( now I will pause to attach a very long and tacky fake nail to my index finger which I will point into your face while I say in a classic NJ accent: ) DON'T GET ME STARTED
(6)

Riverdale: I encountered same (dense breasts) and was called back last year for an ultrasound. All was good and I thought that I would share this with you to help with any anxiety you may be having.
(3)

Barb: That's great news!
(1)

I open my eyes during MRIs and tell myself that I’m in an escape pod, hurtling through space and time towards a Star Trek vessel. To a smarter, kinder, more logical future.
(8)

MRIs are NOISY. Other than that you DO have the "escape button" which is a comfort.
Also, I obeyed my daughter who told me "keep your eyes CLOSED whatever you do".
Helps so much.
Just try to listen to the clank clanking as a sort of modern, discordant concert for which you paid big bucks and have to say you "understood" to be considered at all "effete".
You know, a matter of raising your brows and looking down your nose at the rest of the riffraff. Some folks get good at it. Hee hee.
At least they are good at SOMEthing.
(1)

Barb, GREAT news 👍👍

Riverdale, I've had the 3D as well. Gave me some extra peace of mind.
(3)

97 Mom, they didn't suggest the 3 D this time. I will wait to hear from my doctor. I am at my lowest weight since some time but I don't know if that has anything to do with density. I don't feel worried. I don't mind having a sonogram but definitely don't want an MRI.
(1)

Barb, isn't it good to have a prayer answering God!

So happy for your daughter and keeping ALL of you in my prayers. Believing with you that your husband will do great with his surgery.
(2)

River,

I had a solid mass when I was 40. My doctor ordered a biopsy and it was benign.

My breasts are dense too. Mammograms will show that you have dense breasts.

They will let you know if a biopsy is needed. Some of us have this dense breasts situation.

As long as you continue to do your routine mammograms, you’ll have a good frame of reference.
(2)

Great news Barb on your daughter’s results.

Riverdale
Did you have the 3D exam?
Dense breast sometimes are given this because more can be seen.

Here is an article from Mayo.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/3d-mammogram/about/pac-20438708

My primary didn’t order it for me because I had never had a poor prior result yet the tech had complained about my dense breast and I had heard the 3d was the better test.

I was having pain so I went to a cancer hospital and they did the 3d and found what turned out to be a benign cyst.

So my thinking is your report was giving the doc an opportunity to evaluate whether a 3D should be ordered.
(2)

Wonderful news. I just had a mammogram with positive results but then there was an accompanying letter stating I had dense breasts and should consider further testing but had to contact my doctor. I have. I never had this news before from previous testing so will wait to see what happens.
(4)

Barb, so thankful for your daughter's good news (and your good news a well)... (((hug!)))
(2)

Barb,

That’s fantastic news!
(2)

Such great news, Barb So happy for you all!!! Woo hoo! Happy Dance!!!
(3)

Yay !! Barb ,
(2)

Great going to your daughter Barb. Wonderful news. Good to see something NEGATIVE that's a POSITIVE THING!
(3)

My daughter's breast biopsy was benign! Yay!
(11)

No, sounhappy. Don't know a single thing about the case. So will just wish you luck again. I know you'll let us know how it goes for you.
(2)

Dear Alva, you don’t know the case. This is not something that can be let go. It’s of extreme importance.
(2)

Thanks for the prayers!
(1)

Barb: Prayers for you and your DH.
(2)

sounhappy: Oh, no! Prayers sent.
(2)

Barb, good luck and god speed for you and your DH.
(2)

Barb, Prayers for a good outcome and sending (((hugs))).
(3)

Barb,

Wishing you and your DH all a best!

Please let us know how he is doing afterwards.

Sending love, hugs and support your way.
(4)

Way Hope dh is feeling better.

Alva -hope things turn around for you and this year becomes a good one. We always had the same limit. If a dog bites a person that's the end of the road for that dog. Hard though.

Prayers, Barb. it is amazing what reconstructive work they can do these days. Tubes in the body, very generally speaking, have similar structures. I hope that is the end of the procedures for him.
(5)

DH will have 3rd renal surgery this week. They will take a piece of his appendix and rebuild his damaged ureter. Not really a whine. Just a "OMG, they can do that?".

Wish us luck.
(8)

Very sorry to hear this for you, sounhappy.
At this point, if this is something you can let go of I would do so. The expense must be astounding after all these months, and getting a reveral reversed perhaps more onerous than anything is worth.
This is sad. Wish you the best.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter