Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Need: Ugh! So sorry that your DH did not receive his scheduled M.R.I. May the issue be resolved.
(3)

way: Thank you.
(1)

cw: I am sorry that you're having vertigo. May it as ease up. I've experienced it, too, and was about to try The Epley Maneuver if need be.
(1)

Barb: Thank you.
(2)

Bounce: Thank you. You also reached your adult height at age 12! Mine was 5' 8-3/4."
(2)

I have the icky wax buildup thing in my ears. Mom had it so bad that I had to clean her hearing aid out weekly.

I laughed when I was reading the results from my DNA testing. They said that I had sticky wax buildup. DNA testing is fascinating.

Some things are strange. I have one dimple, my daughter has one dimple. That showed up in the testing too.

How can they determine as much as they do, listing characteristics such as my blue eyes and other features from DNA?
(3)

My husband was scheduled for an MRI tomorrow morning. He gets a letter saying that Blue Cross will not cover it.

So, he calls Ochsner and they say that it is approved. My husband was concerned so he kept asking questions and spoke with someone else who said that he wasn’t approved because of lack of information.

This came about because he deals with kidney stones. When he was in the hospital they spotted some abnormalities on his liver and his doctor ordered an MRI.

So now he has to speak with his doctor again.

I know in the past, with health issues that I have had. My doctor had to write letters to the insurance company before I could get approval for certain procedures.

It’s such a pain dealing with insurance companies at times.
(2)

Keep a journal CWillie

When it starts

What you ate

What you did the day before
(4)

I gotcha, cwillie.
(1)

I have never had vertigo. It sounds awful. I hope yours doesn’t happen very frequently, cw.

I have had chronic ringing (tinnitus) in my ears since my 20’s. I do have some hearing loss. I have horrible allergies and asthma.
(3)

My husband has occasional bouts of BPPV.

We think his first was made worse by dehydration. (EMS to the hospital) Now he gets wee bouts, typically upon getting up, and they fade over an hour or the day.

Note that there are manoeuvres other than the Epley roll and it is directional. Sometimes I could see his eyes twitch or track towards the affected ear, which indicted which way to roll him.
(2)

Cwillie, if you are positive you have BPVV, I recommend doing the Eply manuever every morning before your feet hit the floor. I had to do it for almost a year after original covid left me with a long bout of it. This is what my ENT and PT recommended. Even though it took a long time to go away, doing the maneuver in the morning did help mitigate it for the rest of the day. It was always most prominent in the morning. For nausea I hightly recomment Ondansetron (a prescription anti-emitic) because it deals with the nausea for 8 hrs but doesn't cause any drowsiness.

My first episode happened on a Christmas morning when I was 39 yrs old and very pregnant. No idea why I got vertigo. Woke up with it (as is usually how people are introduced to BPVV). Had it extremely bad for 2 weeks. A few episodes after that were also bad (very nauseous, couldn't drive, etc). But all subsequent bouts are not nearly as bad, just annoying. I wish you a speedy and full recovery!
(2)

Barb, usually these brief periods of vertigo linger a few days or at most weeks and then go away as mysteriously as they come, my sister has had the Epley manoeuvre done with limited results. We both occasionally have days when the world seems just a little off kilter and wonder if it will progress to vertigo or not.
(4)

CW, have you considered getting Vestibular PT?
(5)

I'm almost positive it's BPPV Alva. There is absolutely no way I'd go to the doctor for this unless it becomes unremitting and unlivable, I'm sure he's a very competent doctor but I find him to be an arrogant (nonetheless I'm grateful I have a doctor and don't need to rely on the walk in clinic). I don't take any meds, overall I'm very healthy.
(5)

cwillie, did your doc do the testing for all the "inner ear" stuff? Do you take any blood pressure med? If so do you measure your blood pressure? Any anti-depressants? I recently tried one at doc's suggestion for nerve pain, muscoloskeletal stuff and anxiety, and wow, did I learn a lot I never wanted to know. Not for me for sure. But would have been a dizzy dame had I taken them. Or dizziER.
(1)

But I don't have any control over any of those things Way ☹️
Instinct tells me I should probably drink more, but that's just guessing.
(2)

cwillie,

change in season ? Pressures , humidity. Temperature ?
I know season change effects asthma
(3)

The world is stable again, at least for now, but past experience tells me it may not stay that way. I wish I knew what sets these episodes off so I could avoid doing whatever it is.
(5)

Llama and CW--feel better soon!
(3)

Cwillie . Oh no . Sorry . Hoping it doesn’t last long .

Llama , hoping you get better soon too .
(1)

My vertigo is back ☹️🌪️
(3)

Update: As I was able to sleep last night, DH took me to the ER, where I was seen in their urgent care section. Imaging services are now not available 24/7, but before this occurred I already intended to see an orthodontist in re my scoliosis (Ergo, I reached my adult height at age 12). I received another Toradol injection and scripts for short term pain medication as well as a muscle relaxer and Voltaren. Thanks for your kind comments. I appreciate them.
(4)

Happy retirement, Pam! You’ve earned it!
(3)

Holey moley I got my medicare number today!! Now maybe I can relax and enjoy my retirement!
(7)

Ice.
(2)

Llamas,

No apologies are necessary. We fully understand. Sending many hugs your way!
(3)

Need: Thank you and I want to apologize to all you wonderful people that I am physically unable to respond to each of you individually. Thank you to all of you. I meant to state earlier that the sacral muscle has also caused G.I. issues.
(4)

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, LLama.
(2)

All: Thank you. I am going to have to seek relief at the ER tomorrow IF I can sleep at least a few hours of sleep tonight. Excruciating pain last night. Patient First told me to go to ER if no better, but unable to sleep due to compressed sciatic nerve pain.
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter