Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
cwillie: After consideration, it may be a sinus infection starting. I will go to emergent care facility when I wake up tomorrow afternoon. I rarely drink hot tea, btw.
(2)

Oh interesting, I knew raspberry roots and leaves are high in tannin but wouldn't have thought the fruit would be. So you can't drink tea either?
(2)

ventingisback: Thank you. Raspberries' tannin count is the culprit. No sleep issues NOW. No medication side effects. Could be a sinus infection starting.
(2)

cwillie: Thank you. The tannin count in raspberries is the migraine trigger.
(2)

Llama:
I don’t think it’s the berries. Do you sleep badly? Too little? Sometimes people get headaches from too little sleep, day after day. How about medicines? Check any medicines you take. Sometimes the side-effect is headaches.
(3)

Getting headaches from berries is not something I have heard about before Llama.
(3)

For people who are burnt out with caregiving:
If you want your life back, you’re going to have to do it yourself.
(3)

Get well soon Llama!!
(2)

Need: Thank you very much.
Appreciate it.
(1)

Llama,

Nope, I have never had a headache from any kind of berries. I eat berries every week.

So sorry about your headache. Sounds awful 😞.
(2)

Meant to add - has anyone eaten raspberries and gotten a headache? Thank you in advance.
(0)

Raspberries - good for the gut, bad for the head. Headache trigger at least I hope it's that. Headache for days.
(1)

So, has TikTok caused people to lose their minds?

I just heard about parents cracking eggs on their kids heads, instead of cracking eggs on a bowl.

Geeeeeeeeez! Craziness! LOL 😆

Why do people follow crazy trends?
(0)

Anyone else find the widget annoying? LOL 😆

He keeps returning after I hid him indefinitely!
(1)

hereIam,

There is an exercise thread on this forum. Someone mentioned a ‘walk in place’ YouTube video on it. You could try that. Exercise not only helps with losing weight, it’s a great stress buster!
(1)

venting,

Okay, 👍

Hugs back.

Some people truly are obsessed about every calorie that enters their body.

My mom was so vain that she weighed herself every single morning! If she gained a pound she would starve herself.
(1)

Hey, it was a joke.

(((Hug)))
(0)

venting,

You’re smart! We form habits, good ones and bad ones.

I head straight to my coffee maker in the morning! I would hate to think about if I couldn’t wake up to my mug of coffee! Okay, two mugs! I can’t stop at only one mug.
(2)

“When I’m stressed, I eat. I don’t know why so many of us do it. We know it’s bad.”

I do it because I’m not very smart.
(1)

I’m male. Another thing I noticed is the crazy amount of weight I put on. When I’m stressed, I eat. I don’t know why so many of us do it. We know it’s bad. I never used to turn to food to solve my problems. Then again, I didn’t really have problems before. Caregiving, on the other hand, is just problem after problem.
(3)

I care for my elderly sister. I only noticed today, that my world is getting really small. I spend so much time helping her, that I see less and less other people. Very often she’s the only person I speak to. That can’t be healthy. I need to widen my world.

Caregiving has become my whole world.
(4)

I know that my jandal-wearing years will eventually end (and hopefully not from a TBI). Right now I have a pair that are so comfy and cushy... they're hard to give up. Easy on, easy to keep clean, inexpensive.... I have to wear something cushy in my house since I've had plantar fasciitis on and off. My eldest son has a masonry business and we often watch him operating his Bobcat and using his chainsaw wearing his jandals (sans socks) with a ciggy dangling from mouth (don't get me started). Please, no lectures about either of those poor choices... if "informing" him would have changed his behaviors, it would have worked a loooooonnnnngggg time ago. FYI jandals are also handy to throw at uppity children when you're too lazy to chase them.

For the record, last year my Mom fall in her own bedroom and cracked the back of her head open requiring stitches. She was wearing her LL Bean loafer-style slippers. She attempted to turn around but I guess the slippers have a sole that gripped the carpet a little too well. Just saying that many types of shoes are out to get us.
(3)

Speedy recovery Cat! :)
(1)

Sandles are more dangerous than high heels. They should only be worn at the beach.
(1)

Thank you my AC friends.
I'll never wear those shoes in Target again! Geaton u reminded me of something. Several years ago my late father's sandals got caught on a throw rug& he flew head 1st into a door frame. Split his head wide open, needed 18 staples. I was very glad he didn't have any internal brain injuries. I tossed the rug & his sandals in the garbage. I come from a not so graceful family. Lol
(3)

Cat, feel better soon...so sorry for your fall! My "chanclas" (aka "jandals" aka Japanese sandals aka slides) have tried to murder me on several occasions as well...
(4)

Ouch. Feel better, Cat.
(2)

Cat those crocs are evil!!
(2)

Cat: Feel better.
(2)

Cat,

Ouch! Sorry about your tumble.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to