Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
No, my middlle initial is J, as for the mom, have you tried to set down and spoken the bare truth to your mom. Sometimes thats the only way to stop bieng bullied, and that is what I'm reading a lot of these moms are doing. I am not the fFAVORED DAUGHTER, but the favored will not care for our mom and states she will not. So I sat my mother down and TOLD her not to say anything until I was done. I'm 62 and she was treating me like I was a naughty 6yr old. I spoke the absolute truth to her. Nurmber one, If I did'nt care for her none of her other daughter would not, @. She could not care for hersel. 3. She would either pay to have someone else care for her or go to a nursing home, period. 4. If you have given up work to cvare for her or you are on a budget, you can get paid to care for her. Some states or insurance companies will pay check on it. Do not let her bully you or get you to lose your control. Be selfish take care of yourself and your family. Frazzled
(0)

neowacky ~ thank you so much for your kind words...No, I really don't love my mother, I feel obligated to take care of her as much as I can ~ but then she tells me I'm a terrible daughter, etc.. She called this a.m. and I told her I can't take it anymore, I will not listen to her berating me or my family, we will do what we want, when we want and I don't care what she feels about it, but she needs to keep her mouth shut or I will hang up on her. period. She, of course, said she didn't know what I was talking about.. how could I do this to her.. blah blah blah.. I am going to have to teach myself to let it slide and not affect me.. I AM going to learn to put my foot down and not let her control me or lay her guilt trips on me.. I admire you for being able to stick to it and pray that you will be a great inspiration for me.
(0)

NEON-I am so proud of you for not smoking esp. with all your stress. Went to see the husband yesterday while there he had one of his spells don't ask what a spell is I asked my MIL years ago and she was pissed. anyway I just watched him and since he did not get any attention after about 2 min, he yelled give me more cake-all of a sudden he can not feed himself,but when I am not there he does he has not lost any weight and I know the aides will not feed him. I promised him I would go again on Tue, and if it is nice will take him outside for a while-they have stopprd his P.T. but he will have to wheel himself around he is too heavy for me to push-our son seems to accept the fact he can not go home but once this medicaide mess is done if ever it is I will get him closer to home-sometimes it takes an hr, to get there and their visiting hours are very restrictive- I have to go in on Fri to meet with the social worker again and social service next week my daughter who works for social service in another county said not to expect it to go smoothly -why would anything go smoothly for me anyway but as of last Fri it is official he will not be coming home-so far I have not gotten a bill for the last bed hold-I guess making a fuss now and then helps- maybe I will become the B---- he always said I was LOL.
(0)

dede you must really love your mother if it bothers you so. I am so sorry, my mother has done this so long to me now she lives with me and I absolutely forbid to discuss certain things anything that involves my family, my husband, my son, my dogs etc. We have very little to talk about because her favorite pastime is to drag everyone thru the mud and I don't want to hear it and tell her so. So she stays in her room most of the time I even have to give her a personal invitation to eat supper. But it works, I don't love my mother she tried that you'll be sorry when I'm gone, No I won't I've been taking care of me and you for all my life I will feel relief. I hope you can find some answers that will help you. Pray to God for peace and try to let the snide remarks go unanswered she just wants to keep you in turmoil and she knows what buttons to push. Guilt is a useless emotion it serves no purpose whatsoever except to make the other person (the one making you feel that way) happy. thats a sad person I don't care who they are, I have one to, that is why my siblings want no part of her and I understand them and that doesn't bother me either it did at first but I thought and prayed about it I do what is necessary for my mother but I do not love her. She started this when I was a little girl, I am 60 now she has no control over me actually she never did but as a child you obey your parents. Well I am not a child anymore and without me she would have NO ONE not even her siblings want anything to do with her so you reap what you sew. Don't be so hard on yourself and obviously your family knows how she is let them vent to her I applaud your husband, I think she was feeling a bit guilty there don't you. don't let her upset you thats what she wants start getting the attitude whatever with her, just practice after the first two or three times it feels really really good. Say no and mean it. I used to be a people pleaser not anymore too much water under the dam. I will keep you in my prayers you are worth more than that and your husband and kids know that you know that and guess what yep she knows it to. In my case there is a lot of jealousy because I chose to do things with my life and not sit passively by and blame others for what has gone wrong here and there. Last night we were watching Ty build a home for a couple with three kids who gave so much to their community and had nothing, they lived just like we did when I was a kid and she was so hateful she didn't like to see somebody get something nice why what goes around comes around even tho they had nothing no heat no running water no house really but they gave back they loved they didn't just sit and feel sorry for themselves and wait for their boat to come in, well my mother was just the opposite we had nothing she didn't do anything to even try to feed us it was left up to me the oldest and than when my sister got older her to than they wanted to use my brother he had the most sense he left when he was 16 and stayed away no one knew where he was me being the oldest I felt for my siblings. oh boy I could go on and on but this is about you dede take care of you don't let her change who you are you are loving and caring not bitter and hateful thats why your husband and kids love you so.
(0)

katybo ~ thank you also for your comments.. My mother also does the "kick me to the curb" crap and you'll be sorry when I'm dead... etc.. she does a great job of making me feel guilty..I don't know how to turn it off or put "on the shield"...I am lost right now and scared for myself and my family!
(0)

Hi frazzled we have a lot in common including our real names. Is your middle initial A?

I just do little couple hour things like trout fishing or play cards and than I'm only fifteen minutes to one hour away my siblings live 658 miles in either direction I live right smack in the middle of them I brought my parents down to live with me as I knew my brother wouldn't do anything and either would his wife. Can't even get them to call so it is what it is and I deal with it the best I can. In the process recognized I had to help me to so I have been smoke free for 14 days not much but I am doing it and I will do it not bad for someone who smoked for 44 years. But my doc says my lungs are exactly what they should be for a woman my age who has never smoked so might as well quit while I'm ahead doesn't mean I don't have other issues tho I take 13 meds compared to my mothers 2 that says something doesn't it. But she doesn't usually do what her doc tells her she knows more and she likes to self diagnose herself and she is also a hypochondriac. Which is always lots of fun. Not to mention a drama queen and I'm just as down to earth as a guy I guess that comes from raising boys or I'm like my dad I tell it like it is and that helps a great deal, ticks people off but I can't be responsible if the truth hurts. I'm little but mighty. LOL one day going to have a S tattooed on my chest. and get me a cape NOT!
(0)

lovingdaughter ~ thank you for your words of advice...I have tried to set boundaries, but seem to fail. If I don't answer the phone, I get nasty messages, etc... Yesterday, Fathers Day, she had come to our house for dinner.. she had PROMISED that she would be nice.. Well, the second she sat down, she started in on me, my husband, my kids... and then was outraged when I told her what we were eating. She didn't like that KIND of steak, and couldn't believe that I would serve such a thing. My husband told her that she could either change her attitude or leave. She chose to leave, but of course, I have to drive her home... Before she even got into the car, it started, how could HE dare say that to her, how could I do that to HER.. etc.... anyway, she decided to apologize and come back in to eat, she then proceeded to sit at the table and cry while the rest of us were trying to have a pleasant dinner..when my husband was opening his presents, she had snide comments to make about how I NEVER take her shopping...she even had the odasity to tell my husband that she doesn't approve of our vacation and forbids us to go. I am 51 and he is 61... and she FORBIDS us to go away!! So.. I finally took her home and then she called to again tell me taht she can't understand what she did and how could I do this to her... I finally just took the phone off the hook and turned off my cell phone. She refuses to go to counseling or to admit that she is the one with the problem and that her behavior is killing me and destroying my family!!
(0)

I am speaking from a professional and personal side, I care for my mother 24/7 also, and she is total care except she can feed herself. She cannot walk, is incontinent , so as you all know a lot of lifting is involved. Since I quit being a dirctor of nursing in a long term care facility, I have a little extra I don't know what you'd call it , becasuse this is the hardest job I've ever done caring for my mother. But I will say that caregivers need to be careful, or they will end up being the ones cared for. If possible expense wise, pay to have someone come stay a week-end with your mom. If you hace a church, talk to your church family, you'd be surprised who will help. ( that what I did) or you could use respate (sp) care a lot of places care for the eldery on a short term basis, for a week-end or week for example. It's OKAY to use moms money to help get away, pay for a motel, and do what you want for the weekend. You, myself includid, must not and can not feel guilty. You HAVE to get away!! I am lucky and also have a sister who altho she does not choose to care for mom, I tell her I EXPECT her once a month to either care for her or pay someone to. Sometimes you just have to take charge!! God bless you and take care of yourself or their will be no one to care for you mom;. Cheryl
(0)

Maryan has some very good tips. Please read her post.
Carol
(0)

Neon-I am so proud of you-you are adding years to your life and I want you around for many many more years-you are a blessing. I am very sad that our son does not understand that the husband can not come home-I just can not do it anymore.
(0)

Neon,
Good job on the smoke free days!!!!!!! Northlake Every morning I say " Lord in Heaven, hear my prayer" I just think I am letting Him know I am up and need a little extra help. Keep up hte good work, strengthen those boundaries, keep parts of your life and private from those you care for. It really works. Daughter just called. Not telling mom. It is my private time with my child who is half way across the country!

Linda
(0)

I am not getting notifications of you guys posting. What is going on. Is anyone else having this problem?
(0)

Thank you northlake I will find out in my area.
(0)

Dear Friends - I took care of my husband, with Alz. for many years, so I undersatnd all your concerns. I decided an Alz. Support Group was needed, we just celebrated our 5th anniversary. There are many members going through the same feelings, but their biggest outlet is to talk with other that are able to understand what you are going through. Your outlet here is great, but a person-to-person Support Groups is even better. Please try to find one. Go to your church for "baby sitters", if you are unable to hire someone. Care givers often die before the ill person - it is vitally important that you care for yourself first. Think of the outcome if you become sick. Try as hard as possible to hire someone to come in for a few hours a day or week - then go to movies, to church, lunch with a friend. Talk of other things if you must - it gives your mind a rest. Perhaps someone from church will bring in a meal once a week - mention your problems to the members. Go to Brueau of the Aging and ask for help - they have SO many ways of helping. Volunteering for a few hours a week at a library (or some such place) will relax you.
God knows that your are doing a suberb job, and He will never condem you for taking a break. Above all - DO NOT FEEL GUILTY. Your life is what is important now, really, you must understand that. If you get sick, you can't help the loved one. Crying will help for today - don't feel quilty about it, but more is needed! Do get to a support group. I tell my members to call me if they get depressed, they do, and cry as long as needed, then we chew over their problems.
One big thing that helped me through the years :::: "Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today, that You and I together can't handle." DO NOT feel guilty - you are doing the very best you can.
I wish you well, and GOD BLESS YOU all.
Maryan
(0)

well hello there it is and I typed it all over again LOL see I don't know everything. LOL
(0)

It just burns me up when I type a good comment and it isn't posted and I WAS SIGNED IN!!! sometimes

dedestock listen to loving daughter, I relate to her very much in so many ways.

I don't like my mother but I take care of her because there is no one else been doing it most of my life, My son just had a break up and moved in and she was nosing around and I told her I just didn't know everytime she asked a question because it wasn't any of my business, so I think she got the message. she loves to keep things going and says things that are really hurtful, I refuse to let her do to him what she did to me when I was younger. I found it hard to set boundries because I thought I was supposed to do something well I was it was TAKE CARE OF ME been in the hospital with heart, have HB now all because I let her get to me not anymore and today is day 10 of no smoking. I realized or had a revelation that the cigarettes were not helping me deal with stress don't know why it took so long I guess the time is right so if nothing else I learned this. It's been four years since I brought her and Dad to live in my state dad died two years ago its only a matter of time now she stays in her room and doesn't want to be bothered with us unless she wants to go someplace or wants us to do something for her, It always gets done so she can never say like she did when i took care of my MIL you like her more than you do your own mother well that wasn't true I didn't like her either but she was my husbands mother and her kids didn't want to be bothered either, they do these things to themselves by being controlling and selfish. So what goes around comes around. But I have to live with myself and i'd rather be me than anyone else. God gave you talents use them don't use just one or you won't grow. Its okay for your mother to have a tempertantrum people recognize that. Its okay for her to put you down mine does it in front of my friends in front of me I told her the only thing you do is make yourself look like a ass. Since I told her that she has stopped, I also told her you must watch what you say about my looks because out of all your kids I look the most like you. and that is true, hmmm food for thought so she has stopped that. Sometimes you just have to lay it right out on the table for them because they think they are so smart and just because they are your parent they think they know everything honey they don't. And neither do we but if I know something I am going to speak my mind. In a kind way of course, that is the best way, screaming and yelling never get ya anywhere. God Bless and Good luck and TAKE CARE OF YOU or you won't be able to take care of anyone else.
(0)

Michaelangel Thank you this is day number 10 still have a few triggers but training my brain to think differently. As the cigarettes really never helped me handle the stress in the first place duh don't know why I didn't see it sooner its like I had a revelation!!\

yes, in deed set boundries, keep your information to your self, My son just had a break up and moved back home and my mother being the gossiper that she is and just loves it when someone is having a hard time just kept asking questions one right after the other what's he doing now is he going to this yada yada yada, I just said I don't know mom really its not any of my business, I am only here to help and love him finally after four or five attempts she stopped asking I didn't want to be mean about it and say its none of your business and I do know the answers but it is none of her business and I am not going to let her do to him what she did to me when I was younger. I don't like my mother never did but she is my mother and I will take care of her to the best of my ability and she is not going to be pulling any strings she is a control freak and the more info you give her the more she uses against you or anyone else and she loves to embelish. This is why she has no relationship with my brother or sister or my son for that matter. But she did it to herself. Why I feel obligated I do not know but I do I guess because I know there isn't anyone else to take care of her but set those boundries at first I thought oh boy we will finally have a great mother daugher relationship WRONG!! so in came the boundries. That doesn't leave us much to talk about mostly the weather or the dogs but that's okay for me at first I felt awkward like I was supposed to do something and than I found out I was supposed to do something "TAKE CARE OF ME" She stays in her room comes out when the housework is all finished or the meals are cooked takes her food to her room eats brings her dishes out and really doesn't want to be bothered with us. At first this bothered me but now I am fine with it. If she wants something she will definitly ask and it doesn't matter if you're in the middle of something or not. So I have shaken off that part of the stress and got me some antidepressants and now I can take care of me. I still can't take a vacation but that will come in time I did go fishing last sat and that was so relaxing so little day trips will keep me sane for a little while longer it's been four years now so probably the worst is yet to come as I buried dad two years ago and have been on the go ever since but I will not give up church, bible classes, my mentoring or anything else I want to do even if I can't do it the way I like to I will modify until I can. Don't lose yourself in the shuffle it is NOT worth it. God gave you a life to and He wants you to use ALL your talents not just one. God Bless and Good luck
(0)

dedestock,
I keep saying this, but it is true. Set boundaries. Can you get someone who will respond to her calls as a fill in for you? If she sees that you are not coming each time she cries wolf, she may think twice. I know it sounds harsh, but limit the times you call and see her. Tell her little about your personal life. My mom lives with me and always asks if our daughter has called( lives half way across the country). Sometimes I tell her, most times I don't. What we talk about is personal and private and I keep my relationship with my daughter to myself. When it is something she needs to hear, I tell her. You would be surprised at how liberating it is to have something that is not hers to be shared with. Also, count to ten, don't get caught up in her hysteria. I know it sounds impossible, but take those baby steps. Keep us posted and take that vacation. I am going away 8 days and I have not even told mom yet.
Linda
(0)

Dedestock, it sounds like your mother has some dementia or mental illness. For your own sanity, screen your calls and if she calls, maybe you could have someone else in her community that she is close to check on her and report back to you. Keep the conversations to a minimum, and if she starts getting your blood pressure up, say you need to go and you will call her back later when she calms down. You can't let her ruin your health. You have a family to take care of. I am sure everyone around her is on to her actions and are aware of how it must be affecting you. I know how it can be. My MIL lives with us and my husband is an only child. She is passive and doesn't talk very much, because we had to tell her if she couldn't say anything positive, don't say anything at all. She has a martyr attitude and was always saying crazy things like "just step on me if I fall down", and "put me on the curb". She once told my husband she wishes she never had children. It isn't easy to live with a person like that. You just have to ignore the crazy talk and realize that she isn't in her right mind. She goes to adult daycare 3 days a week and we take her to lunch once a week and we feel we are giving her the best care we can. But the emotional and mental part of it take a toll when you can't just take a vacation or leave the house for any length of time. Hang in there. My prayers are with you.
(0)

I don't have my mother in my home, so I cannot relate to that, however, if she was in my home~ I would not be able to handle it, so greatly admire that you can. My mother calls me or expects me to call her several times a day, but it is just so that she can say mean things or cry about how bad her life is..as a result, I have no life. We (my husband and kids and I) are getting ready to go out of town for a couple of weeks. She told me "She will not allow it!" and if I take the kids on a vacation she will "call social services and get them taken away from me!" Obviously that would not happen, but just to hear her say such things and tell me what a terrible daughter I am, is debilitating. I have been bending to every need for 10 years now, to the detrimate of my family. My kids and husband are fed up... I am an only child and don't know how to just cut her off.. She lives in a retirment community and today the beautician called me to tell me to come quickly... I went (of course) just to find out that she was crying and yelling at everyone because I was mad at her because she doesn't like the way I wear my hair!! Here she got everyone involved, but not because of the truth, just her way to make me look bad instead of her!! I went to the store afterward and thought that I was going to have a heart attack, I couldn't breathe... she is killing me and I don't know what to do about it!
(0)

Life is Beautiful is a great illustration of love, devotion and protection using wit and light heartedness. If you haven't seen it, rent it. It may help you feel better. I don't know what your Mother's financial resources are. But if there are some funds available you may want to check out respite care at a local assisted living facility. You can get a mini vacation for a week or two and recharge your battery. God bless you, not every senior has a willing child to care for them.
(0)

Hi Neon, Proud of you, you can do it. Baby steps one at a time!!! Take Care
(0)

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on much lately either. Thanks for the vote of confidence Austin I need all I can get but I realized the cigarettes were NOT helping cope with the stress they were actually making my body feel worse, so today is #8 I am very proud of myself I have my moments but as each day passes I know this is it. I can do it and I will. I am so sorry for all you have to go thru but just like quitting the smoking just take one thing at a time. It helps for me to have my son back home I am so happy he is out of that relationship and he is a huge help both physically and mentally. God bless him he even cooks and does laundry, vacuums so while I'm at work he picks up the slack when he has extra time. He is just about settled in and now on to finish his education. My mom still stays in her room and lays in bed most of the time gets up and complains about how her tail bone hurts I tell her she has to move around more she says well I can't stand she really needs to lose weight but she won't so there is no use me getting out of whack about it she is not going to change and what will be will be. I was put on anti depressants it helps take the edge off the wanting a cigarette it also helps me emotionally, I was getting to the point I was getting so emotional over the least little thing and that seems to have fixed it of course it does other things to your body but right now my mental health and general health are the most important. I hope you all try to take care of you if you don't you can't take care of anyone else. Trust in God if I didn't I don't know what I would do. He always directs me in the right direction. love to all
(0)

Roxie, a good cry seems to bring us some clarity afterwords, I have a melt down a couple times a month. You see I care for my mother with dementia. I have also found humor as an escape at times, not to make fun of, it just tends to lighten the load from my soul.....It is hard to find humor at times, especially while we are watching our parent's mindset fade. The latest humor was brought about when I saw sun flower seeds in the dogs bowl and when I inquired about it, she was convinced that the dog has always eaten sunflower seeds and no matter how I tried to tell her that it was for the birds not the dog, she became angry with me, so I left it alone, however I had to laugh about it...
(0)

Hi Austin, You sure have been busy. I will keep you in my prayers and hope all calms down a bit for you, take care now.
(0)

Neon-I was hoping things would be getting better you-I am very proud of you for not smoking-it must be very hardut you can do it-I know you can. I have not been on much so busy. Surprise the husband called me and said he can not come home-at first I was annoyed because I had gone to see the elder lawyer and he had asked me about keeping him in the nursing home and I said no- I had promised I would bring him home-even though I was only going to have 7 hrs. daily for 2 months months and then cut down to 2 -4hrs shifts a week because after 60 days after a 3 day stay in a hospital he could go back ti a nursing home and by that time I could get him on medicaide. abd I was working so hard to be able to bring him home-but the next day the social worker called and said he really needs to stay there and even he realizes it now so today I went in to start the medicaid application but we only got through the insurance policies- I had no idea my life insurance is considered an asset-I have to be dead to get it. Things got so compilicated and after gathering so much stuff last week for the lawyer I just lost it and started crying a river so she calmed me down and called all the insurance companies and fax thing and I had to go to his room to have him sign papers etc. Then she said we had to stop for today and our large credit card debt is not considered at all and still have to pay it all off-I was so discouraged when I left but later when I called the lawyer he was more hopeful and was proud of what I had gotten done in one week but I did find out I still have to go in person to social service even though the social worker at the nursing home is helping me out as is the lawyer it will be never ending it seems. The husband called and he has accepted he has to stay in a nursing home and that is a big hurdel to get over, I did tell after we get on medicaide after we spend dowm what we need to I will get him in a nursing home closer to where we live and he will have his motorized chair and if he goes into we want-they did not want him as a rehab pt. but will probably take him as place it has plenty of areas outside it even has a duck pond and a lovely patio and there are a lot of alert pt. there and it is about 10 minutes from our church and close to our son's home - this is going to be a big change for us- but he has been in and out of nursing homes over 15 times since he retired and mostly the last 7 yrs or so-today he accepts it tomarrow he probably will be mad as hell again thank goodness for caller ID- well that 's my update. Take care.
(0)

Hi 1215, You do need to get out once in a while. I had to get help with my Mom she comes in our home for about 4.5 hrs a day. It is saving me for sure!!! I can't do it all even though I have much help from hubby and kids, you really need that time. You and your hubby need it. Thanks for the prayers it's appreciated and right back to you, peace, Micheleangel
(0)

We have scheduled caregivers who come in for about 30 hours a week. It is expensive, but I would go nuts without it. After the summer is over, I will lessen the time to save money. Who wants to go out in the snow and sleet anyway? My one helper comes 3 days a week from 9 to 1. This takes care of breakfast, shower, laundry and lunch! Tow others come from 10 to 4. This gives me two entire days off and we even have a Saturday night person all year long. This is for our time together. It isn't cheap, but I need to have my independence. It works out well and mom pays for it. I tell her it is much less expensive than a nursing home. I use an agency for most of the coverage and there is no problem with accounting for the money; it is all recorded by them. Good luck and God Bless
(0)

I have realized today that I have been amiss in planning ahead. My husband is an artist and needs to go to Pickens tomorrow to pick up a painting. Today I am calling sitters trying to get someone to stay for three hours tomorrow so I can go with him just to get out. He and I discussed it and we both realized we need to put it on the calendar and get the sitter ahead of time to just do some day trips nearby. Its also cheaper then paying someone for overnight care!! It does not sound like much but it does get us away from the burden of my father, and as others have said and are truthful about it; it is a burden even though we love them. So, we should not feel any guilt saying that. So, after my brother leaves after next week we will start doing that weekly even if we just go to a movie locally. We need to have a date day or night as it is also important to guard your marriage! And my guy is a saint as he cares so much and does much to help me; I am very fortunate! Don't get me wrong though as we all, as couples in this, argue from time to time as it is hard. We are back today reading our "In touch" with charles Stanley and praying. We pray for all of you as well as all caregivers everywhere. This time together in prayer in the a.m. really helps us to jumpstart our Christian walk in this as we do get weary!

Just as an aside, I have had physical therapy in and the gal is wonderful. My father is doing better as a result and gaining more strength. Medicare pays for this. We discovered that the therapist had an upper and lower body cycle that you can get at our favorite place we all like to visit (lol).....you guessed it .. Walmart!! Its around $25 and well worth the price. It can be put on a table too and used rotating the arms with the hands. My father could never use the bike in rehab before due to his knee surgeries, but he can do this easily even at 96. So, just thought I would mention it as some of you might be able to use it with your loved one.
(0)

Hi All, well glad I make somebody laugh besides myself. Today is day three I have been doing well with my smoking cessation although there have been a few times I could have bitten my hand off. But Hubby is cooperating and doing his smoking outside. Took mother shopping tuesday eve after work she remarks i hope it isn't this hot the next time we go shopping I said well I guess you won't go again until November. Summer hasn't really started yet??? than last night she gives me her med bottles to have refilled. why in the world didn't you give them to me when we were out I could have dropped them off and picked them up today. Also at the bank I got her board money, yes I charge her board and she wanted phone with unlimited long distance so told she had to pay for that to but she has decided she isn't going to pay the whole thing well hubby has gone from five days a week to three since Nov. it has not helped our situation at all each month we get a little further behind and I spend at least 1000.00 a month on groceries I don't even eat. so will find ways to cut back. I try to make sure she has all the foods she likes and needs but she has plenty of spend money I would like to have a fourth of what she gets to spend every month so she can afford fruit and the like. Oh well in due time it will all be history. Went to doc monday he put me on antidepressant which one should take the edge off the quitting the smoking and help with the depression I feel because like all of you there is no help some from hubby and son but most of the "burden" falls on me and yes most of the time I feel it's a burden. Sorry to say I had hoped it would be different but it isn't any different now that it was 45 years ago. Now that my son has moved back home its like what is he doing what did he buy what is he going to do with this and that I said why don't you ask him because its none of my business he's a grown man and i don't control his life, (do you think she got the message???) Well as luck would have it the person my son was with showed up at the doctors office while I was there, with her oldest son, she told him I suppose not to even look at me and she wouldn't even look at me so that told me she knows she did wrong. Well I have a surprise for her tonight her Dad's birthday is tomorrow and they are going away. so tonight I am going to pop in and give him a small gift for his birthday ought to be really interesting. not staying long but after that I will know I did all the right things in the right way and the next move is up to them, they say they still want to be friends with us but time will tell it's been my experience that people will be your friend as long as you make the calls, do the emailing, stop by and lend the hand when they need it. If you stop you never hear from them again. Only once did someone find me that I helped in 1978 and we are still friends to this day. I hope you all find some way to enjoy your upcoming week end take some time for you if you don't no one else will. XOXOXO
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter