Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I like to say when I hear complaints - either: "I'll get right on that!" OR "and your point is?" ( you just keep saying that until they drop the subject regardless of the comment or complaint)
(2)

Mystery,
Isn't it funny how fast someone changes their tune when he/she get food that isn't made so well! I am sure the blank look on your face said it all!!!

Ikdymom,
When I was a teenager and things didn't go my way. I would complain to my dad and he would say, "I don't know what to tell you" and walked out of the room. It would make me so mad because I would want him to fix whatever was wrong at that moment and I knew 'this conversation' was over! I have forgotten that he use to do this to us kids a lot! It was his way of saying "your not going to get your way." I will have to use this on my mother; by the way, my dad also used it on my mother as well! LOL!

Poofy,
That is a great line...Love it!!

Riverdale,
I am sorry that you are having such a hard time. If it makes you feel any better things have been tough for me too. This to shall pass! Hugs!!!
(2)

Riverdale - so sorry you are feeling depressed. Do you want to create a separate post and tell us about it? Maybe we can help or maybe you can just vent.
(2)

"Your guess is as good as mine" saved me many times from a frustrating attempt to explain something to my ALZ spouse. He was always satisfied with that response from me. Try it.
(2)

Webshaf - that's a very useful line that can be used on numerous types of questions, and saves you from having to explain things.

Alz. LO: Why can't I.....?
You: Your guess is as good as mine.

Haha
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter