Follow

I first found this forum in 2014 during an intense personal crisis as my mother's health began to decline and I found myself in the role of primary caregiver. I had moved her into my home in 2011 and up until she underwent a surgical procedure that did not go so well, was quite independent. The past 5 years have been incredibly difficult and this forum has helped me immensely. I have probably come back to this site 3-4 times per week over these past 5 years and have found common ground, common challenges, common blessings as well as a great deal of good information and resources and insights. Thank you, whoever and wherever you are for sharing your wisdom, frustrations, insights and experiences. God bless you all.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
God Bless You harryp~
I'm so sorry youv'e lost your dear Mother.
She was very lucky to have you and your good care.
Take good care of yourself~Lu
(3)

Harryp, Sorry for the loss of your mother. God bless you for taking good care of her , she was very fortunate to have you. I hope you find peace and joy in your memories of your dear mother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
(3)

My deepest sympathy for your loss. What a wonderful note you have left here for all. Thank YOU for being able to reach out even in your grief.
(6)

Thank you for your care. I am sorry for your loss. May your mother rest in eternal peace.
(0)

I am sorry for your loss.

May God grant you grieving mercies and comfort during this time.

Your sacrifices for your mom will be rewarded.
(3)

Harry: What A Wonderful Person You Are !!! It is Very Difficult To Care.. Moms especially I think.... I don't know why I say that..... My dad went first.... And He Was My Super Hero gone gone cancerous. The Man With THE BIG C.....

NO we never mention the BIG C.....That was way in the past before it got so popular.

they were divorced.. They were like brother , sister... We actually spent holidays together... Yes, they were divorced, but were still FAMILY.. period.

FAMILY TAKES CARE OF FAMILY... and with unconditional LOVE....
(0)

Harry, By the very terms. I am an ORPHAN......too

Glad you had the abilities and backup to take care of your mom... What a wonderful GIFT you are. !!!!

You know she knows... AND SHE LOVES YOU AND THANKS YOU FOR THE TIME TOGETHER !!! Nobody can deny that or take it away...
(1)

So sorry for the loss of your mom. Hugs. You did your very best caring for her. It’s hard seeing family suffer. It’s hard to say goodbye.

I hope your struggle will ease up and you find peace and joy in your life.
(2)

Harry, please accept my condolences as well, and thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.  It's very kind of you to recognize the assistance and help the people here have offered along your challenging way.   

I hope that thoughts and memories of the good times, as well as the fact that you helped your mother during the times when she needed you the most, overcome the thoughts of sadness and loss.
(1)

Harry I am very sorry to learn of your dear Mothere passing RIP. You can feel very proud of your self to have Cared for Your Mom for eight years as you begin to rebuild your Life again. Please remain a Member of this wonderful Site to help many others Who struggle to cope with all the varied tasks of being a Care giver. I wish you countless Blessings & Peace.
(1)

May she rest in peace and I hope you find peace as well. I don't remember you here haven't been here that long but agree that this is a very supportive support group.
Thinking of you and your loved ones at this time.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter